Port of Kotor, Montenegro shore excursions

On 4/18/2023 at 10:05 PM, CruiseDuck said:

Has anyone used Andreas Fofilos in Kotor, Montenegro for a shore excursion? The website is kotor-tours.me/    Their Facebook page is Port of Kotor, Montenegro shore excursions. 

We have him booked for our May 7th cruise.  I can give you a review once we get back.  

In 2019 we booked with mtours.me and had a wonderful day.  We booked the Perast - Budva - Kotor tour. They were four of us and I think the price was 70 euro per person. It was a lovely day with amazing views.  I would have liked more time at the end to actually visit Kotor Old Town - that's my only complaint.  You could probably ask them to revise to tour a bit to allow my time in Old Town if you preferred. We stopped and had a big lunch as a group and we all chipped in and bought our guide lunch as well.  To me, the highlight of Kotor is the view sailing in and sailing out.  I was out on deck the whole time.  Simply amazing.

My email said the description of the tour was as follows:

08:00 – 08:20 Short ride towards Perast
08:20 – 09:45 Boat to the island of Our Lady of the Rocks, church, museum visits and free time in Perast
09:45 – 10:45 Panoramic driving to Budva, photo stop above Jaz beach
10:45 – 11:45 Walking tour of Budva old town, and some free time
11:45 – 12:15 Driving to St. Stefan (Aman Resorts); photo break
12:15 – 13:00 Driving back to Kotor via Trojica hill, photo break
13:00 – 14:00 Kotor old town walking tour

Price includes:

• Pickup from the port/hotel and drop-off
• Guiding services (licensed English speaking guide)
• Private transportation with a modern car or minivan (parking and fuel costs)
• Taxi boat to the island Our Lady of the Rocks and back
• Entrance fees for Our Lady of the Rocks museum
• Ferry boat fee
• Panoramic photo stops along the way (Jaz beach, Sveti Stefan, Trojica hill above Kotor bay)
• Tourist taxes and maps for the old town of Kotor

Some pictures from that day.

0D9C66F6-BFC6-4C14-8C85-E48F7D77F9E2.jpeg

57A0A231-67AF-4D98-A431-C714DDA37958.jpeg

74C972FC-CA6B-487F-89F3-42E4384CDA82.jpeg

019FBF32-23AD-43B5-8FA1-66A48B7E11D3.jpeg

0ACE61C0-64D8-44F4-912D-E58C4C0FA795.jpeg

CF5A07E1-6F96-4B92-8080-D855B87BBC8C.jpeg

71CEBDAA-2C81-40A2-A90A-675E1E1A0804.jpeg

DCDE4132-3FB3-4CC2-8B39-07782A102C12.jpeg

Edited by erby2283
Add pictures
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 5:56 PM, CruiseDuck said:

That would be great if you could give a review. Have a great cruise! 

As promised, getting back to you about Andreas.  He wasn’t the one to show up at port.  Someone else that works for him was there.  I’ll admit I was a little skeptical when we walked up as he was yawning and didn’t seem very motivated/enthused.  He ended up being very informative about the area and an excellent driver on the 25 hairpin turns.  Weather that day was a little dreary and rained hard during what should have been our stop in Njegusi so we opted to keep going but not sure if we would have enjoyed stopping there anyway just based on looks from the outside (wasn’t our vibe).  For us it was a day well spent touring the island but my instincts tell me there are other companies that may offer a better experience.  

3 hours ago, RTR 21-0 said:

As promised, getting back to you about Andreas.  He wasn’t the one to show up at port.  Someone else that works for him was there.  I’ll admit I was a little skeptical when we walked up as he was yawning and didn’t seem very motivated/enthused.  He ended up being very informative about the area and an excellent driver on the 25 hairpin turns.  Weather that day was a little dreary and rained hard during what should have been our stop in Njegusi so we opted to keep going but not sure if we would have enjoyed stopping there anyway just based on looks from the outside (wasn’t our vibe).  For us it was a day well spent touring the island but my instincts tell me there are other companies that may offer a better experience.  

Thank you so much getting back to me. I really appreciate your follow-up. We will probably stay with this tour and take our chances. Hopefully the day will be on the sunnier side! Thanks again!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just visited Kotor for the first time two weeks ago. 
As has been said, do not miss the sail in. Spectacular. Well worth the early alarm clock. 
‘we chose not to book a tour or excursion and visited independently the city. We took our time and thoroughly enjoyed our day. There are lots of small streets, shops, the wall to walk, the moat….and very good local beers, wines, and beautiful charcuterie boards of local offerings for lunch. There is a steep walk you can take up to the fort is you are inclined to do so….we would have not too long ago, but we just really enjoyed the day in Old town. We will be going back again next year, and may look to do a 1/2 day private for something different, but Kotor did not disappoint for a great DIY day either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been here for a while. Must say we miss Kotor but Dubrovnik also. Visited for a few times and used Mont Travelers service and connection/recommendation for Dubrovnik Star Grad. In Kotor we did serpentines and Budva Old Town, scenic road photo stops and walking tours about 6 hours from the port. Dubrovnik was much easier to see but still need a car for some viewpoints and points of interests. At the end we had a wonderful two days easy booked and well done by the locals. Hope you will find this out useful. 

• Like 1