Princess to South America

57eric

We sailed on the Sapphire in December 2022 out of LA to Buenos Aires.    The Sapphire returned to the West Coast last week after the South American season and is currently in dry dock on Portland.

I have not seen a South America round trip for years.

I remember one trip offered, believe on the Island, pre-covid. It isn't a normal itinerary. Their normal itineraries are back and forth between Argentina and Chile, and returning to either Ft. Lauderdale or L.A. at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, 57eric said:

How long has it been since Princess offered a South America round trip?  Any thoughts/speculation on 2025?

Thanks.

Winter 2018 - Island Princess.  Was on it.  I believe they perhaps did similar in Winter 2019, but since Covid, nope.  I think it should be brought back for folks never done the full circuit.  It was a FLL round  trip and of course included Panama Canal which we had not done before.

That said, for a repeat trip, we found it took a long time down through Caribbean to actually get to Brazil and have some happenings in S.A.  Having been to Rio at Carnival on that trip, we have no desire to go again and would be happy to start in Buenos Aires.  In fact, we would fly in a couple of days early as we missed the city last time.  We have been to Iguazu Falls ( a great side trip if you can swing it). 

I'd like to begin in B.A. as I said, but I don't like the typical finish in Valparaiso.  I'd want to keep going up through Peru and so forth.  Unfortunately, it's a back and forth thing now.  Take a look at HAL as they are doing a circuit route.

It was a wonderful 60-night trip, but I would like to hit most of the same ports on the west coast and you don't get that anymore.  The only option is take first or last trip of the season from/to LA port and then you do get more west coast ports in S.A. if you B2B around to B.A. or go from B.A. to LA.

Thanks for the responses.  I'm currently booked on QV but disappointed it is not going to Manaus, which it has done previously.  I guess I'll set my expectations for Princess at low to zero, assuming they ever get around to releasing Winter 2025 itineraries for the remainder of the fleet.