B2B process

MNLIvin

I know, I am asking too many questions. We have done many B2B trips on Carnival and know their process. We are doing a Vancouver to Alaska to Vancouver and am just curious what to expect. Thanks folks.

You will get a notice in your room a couple days in advance of the change over in cruises. You will get a card that says in Transit so you can leave the ship and go check out Vancouver if you wish and not have to go through the full boarding process. If you do not want to go too the town it will tell you to meet in a specific area and either someone will come check your documents and you can go about your day or they will have you all leave the ship have your documents checked than you will be allowed on the ship. It all depends on customs officers and not the ship. I have done many B2B's on Princess including in Vancouver as well as other ports and other lines.

Thank you PEB. So pretty much same as Carnival and NCL. The way it is going we could end up with a blizzard on the end of May. Photo opp. may be having a Duck Fart shot at the Red Dog in a snowmobile suit.

If I read your post correctly, your turnarounds port will be Whittier.  In this case, you treat it just like a port day.  You can take a glaciers excursion from Whittier, or the cruise line will offer an excursion to Anchorage with stop at a wildlife sanctuary and alyeska.  There is time for lunch and wandering around in Anchorage.  There is no zeroing down of the ship in Whittier.  EM

Thanks Essiesmom. Good to know. Or we could stay on the ship and welcome the new-crew. We have done Alaska before and any activities will be determined by energy at the time and weather. We have dome the 2 activities you mentioned on I think our second trip to Alaska but if we are up to it (yes, we are old) we can always seem to find something to do.

Thank you and PEB again.

There is no immigration process in Whitter like there is in other US ports. You clear US immigration in Vancouver when you initially board. Whitter will be like any other port day. Come and go as you like.

If you will be changing cabins speak with the cabin steward about the process. It's fairly easy. A tip for changing cabins. Place as much as you can on hangers in the closet. These items will be moved on a hanging rack and hung in your new cabin. No need to pack up everything. 

• Like 1

Same cabin this time but not a big deal. Done it both ways and never ruined a trip. I just go to guest services demand a refund, remove my tips and demand to speak to the Captain or someone higher.

• Haha 1

did you book it as B2B or as a 14 day trip? 

I did a 14 day exactly like yours last year in July on Majestic.  They counted it as two 7 day trips (northbound and southbound) but we didnt have to change rooms and Whittier was treated like a normal port day.

If in doubt, give princess a call and confirm you are on the 14 day round trip so they will block you in the same room for both halves