Pre-cruise - order bottle of scotch for cabin

It's been several years since we sailed on any ship without a beverage package. For our next RCI cruise, which isn't until the end of 2024, I'm wondering how and if I can order a bottle for the cabin? We don't have any beverage package on this booking. I know we can bring a bottle of wine each when we board, but that we cannot "legally" bring spirits onboard. I also think we can bring a six-pack or so of soft drinks?

On Princess, HAL and Carnival I've ordered scotch pre-sailing. I THINK I did that once or twice on Celebrity, but it's been several years ago before we started getting some sort of beverage package mixed in with our cruise price. I hope RCI allows passengers to order a bottle for cabin consumption. If not, that's a big problem for me. 😳 We like our drinks on the balcony in the evening before dinner. I'd rather not have to go to the bar to get something for myself. My wife will already have her wine in the cabin.

Doug

Only suggestion I can make is to order several shots, pour them into a disposable coffee cup and take them to your cabin. Then you can have a drink there whenever you want. I know you can order individual drinks from room service but would probably be more expensive. 

6 hours ago, scoodogg said:

Based on what I've seen, you can only order gin, vodka, or rum via the Royal Gifts page.  They also have wine, champagne, beer, and seltzers. Maybe someone else knows something I don't.

Haven't seen scotch, like you say gin, vodka and rum for around $45-50 for 375ml bottle including mixers.  It use to be just on the bigger ships but maybe they've expanded fleet wide now?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/wine-liquor/alcohol-packages

6 hours ago, gerif said:

Only suggestion I can make is to order several shots, pour them into a disposable coffee cup and take them to your cabin. Then you can have a drink there whenever you want. I know you can order individual drinks from room service but would probably be more expensive. 

Yeah, I've done that in the past. I'd pack an empty RunRunner and order a scotch after lunch, neat, then take that to the cabin and pour it into the RumRunner for later. I might do that every day although I might not have a drink in the cabin or balcony that day. Sometimes, rarely, we'd have our drink in one of the bars....such as when it was raining, etc. If it turns out I had scotch left at the end of the cruise, I'd just take it home with me in the RumRunner. Worked very well.

Doug

7 hours ago, scoodogg said:

Based on what I've seen, you can only order gin, vodka, or rum via the Royal Gifts page.  They also have wine, champagne, beer, and seltzers. Maybe someone else knows something I don't.

Jeez, I'd hope they offered more than those three! I'll have to check online, I could not remember where that section is, but your "Royal Gifts" reminded me......gotta go check..................thanks

Doug

45 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Haven't seen scotch, like you say gin, vodka and rum for around $45-50 for 375ml bottle including mixers...

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/wine-liquor/alcohol-packages

Thanks for that link. Looks like I will very likely be packing a RunRunner for this cruise! I do drink "sippin'" rum occasionally in place of scotch or bourbon, but only the good stuff, aged 8 yrs and older. I'm not sure how the Bacardi Gold would go down.....might try a bit before we sail to see if I can tolerate it. I don't mix anything but perhaps a wee bit of water in my spirits. Their "mixers" would probably be used with lunch on the patio perhaps.

Doug

• Like 1