Premium Plus 2 Specialty Dinner Reservations question

NukeTim

I booked Premium Plus and on my booking it shows all the added benefits including the 2 dinners at a specialty restaurant.  Went to the Medallion App and was I able to book regular dining reservations, but when I went to book the specialty dinners at Sabatini's or steak house it showed a credit card charge.  Called customer service and they could see I had Premium Plus but said that specialty dinners had to be booked onboard.  Comments?  Experiences with this?

Did you go all the way through the booking? We have the Premier package and the app showed our dining credits. When I went to book it showed the full cost but when I continued with the reservation/next page it showed the dining credit for the same value as the specialty restaurant and the total was $0.00 so nothing was charged to my card.

I've read about all the issues with the app so it may be a glitch and worth trying again in a few days. I had trouble initially getting it set up and still now in the packages section of the app it lists us as having the Plus package even though I was able to book specialty dining using the credits and lists 4 devices on Medallion net.. 

Hope you get it sorted!

• Like 2

I had a similar experience. When are you sailing? I first tried to book shortly after final payment and I was charged. I backed out of the reservation. Tried again about six weeks before sail date and bingo, the credit applied, no problem. Not sure why, but if you are a ways out try again closer to your sail date. Doesn’t hurt to try…

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nnzz said:

I have only been able to book with no charge if I was after payment in full.

Have you paid in full?

This is my experience as well.  Prior to payment in full, I could not book SD (without a CC charge), but after payment in full, I booked the two "free" SD dinners with no charge.

• Thanks 1

I would like to pre book Crown Grill for our end of July cruise. I’ve paid final payment but there is no option to book. I booked with an agent. Do I have to wait  until 90 days before the cruise to book? Any info welcome. Thank you 😊 

I was able to book our included SD reservation after we upgraded to a suite.  I did this before final payment and was not charged.  When I did it through the app, it showed the charge and then a credit resulting in a -0- balance due.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suzez said:

I would like to pre book Crown Grill for our end of July cruise. I’ve paid final payment but there is no option to book. I booked with an agent. Do I have to wait  until 90 days before the cruise to book? Any info welcome. Thank you 😊 

No there is not a 90-day limit.

We have the Premier package on our next cruise and when I look at Dine My Way on the app I’m seeing a banner that reflects we have a dining credit. If I make a reservation it shows the charge but then the credit is applied so there is a zero balance.

37724FED-1399-44BF-8A3C-E744AAC92628.thumb.jpeg.948ee012fb9bae069ca7d5d7661b5c25.jpeg

• Like 4

On 4/24/2023 at 11:49 AM, MTNest93 said:

I was able to book our included SD reservation after we upgraded to a suite.  I did this before final payment and was not charged.  When I did it through the app, it showed the charge and then a credit resulting in a -0- balance due.

This is the way I was able to take care of the specialty dining reservations. After making the reservations on the web, I was able to see the reservations on the app.

• Like 1