Getting reading to cruise again-looking for packing advice--carryons/Luggage Forward advice

SLSD

We will be using LF for the first time in May.  We have a wedding in Tuscany prior our 21 night cruise leaving from Venice.  We will also be traveling with family for two weeks after our cruise and with any luck, our luggage will arrive home before we do.  I will still have to take another medium/large suitcase because of the wedding and all the various outfits for the related festivities which I may have to drag around Europe.  Oh, well… these are all good problems to have!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JodiandFrank said:

We will be using LF for the first time in May.  We have a wedding in Tuscany prior our 21 night cruise leaving from Venice.  We will also be traveling with family for two weeks after our cruise and with any luck, our luggage will arrive home before we do.  I will still have to take another medium/large suitcase because of the wedding and all the various outfits for the related festivities which I may have to drag around Europe.  Oh, well… these are all good problems to have!

They are good problems to have.  Be sure to report back your experience with Luggage Forward.  Our experience with them will be in June.  I will be sure to report back here.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 1

To avoid the PITA after debarking, use a porter.   They hauled our luggage quickly through a fast Customs Line right to the LF pick up.   We tipped them and it was well worth it to avoid the hassle.    LF won’t pick up your bags on the ship if Customs is involved as they need to look at your “guilty” face as you walk through with your luggage.   The dogs are also checking your luggage for bad items.

• Like 1

I've used Luggage Forward five times on cruises.  Every time, when I have left the ship at the end of the cruise, no one in the cruise terminal has been able to direct me to the Luggage Forward representative or pickup point.  Most of the time, I've received blank looks when I ask where to take my bag.  In Venice and again in Seattle, I've had to wait more than an hour until a representative has arrived.  I'll likely continue to use their service, as I have few other options as a solo traveler, but be aware that there have invariably been hiccups when I've booked with them.

2 hours ago, Carolfay said:

I've used Luggage Forward five times on cruises.  Every time, when I have left the ship at the end of the cruise, no one in the cruise terminal has been able to direct me to the Luggage Forward representative or pickup point.  Most of the time, I've received blank looks when I ask where to take my bag.  In Venice and again in Seattle, I've had to wait more than an hour until a representative has arrived.  I'll likely continue to use their service, as I have few other options as a solo traveler, but be aware that there have invariably been hiccups when I've booked with them.

We are trying them out on our next cruise--but only on the front end of the cruise.  If things go well, I'm sure we will use them both ways next time--and I've noted the difficulty some have had in finding who to leave the bags with after the cruise.  Thank you for mentioning it.  

4 hours ago, Carolfay said:

I've used Luggage Forward five times on cruises.  Every time, when I have left the ship at the end of the cruise, no one in the cruise terminal has been able to direct me to the Luggage Forward representative or pickup point.  

That’s not good.  We have an 11:40am flight out of Venice that morning.  We hope to be the first ones off the ship that morning…. Fingers crossed. 🤞

Not trying to open up a can of worms here.  Just advising that this outfit is offering a service that they don't always entirely fulfill.  Use them if you choose - but advisedly.

And i haven't even started on my most recent experience - where my bag wasn't returned to me after my cruise for nearly a month.  Very poor customer communication and service, in my opinion.

Looks like you missed my point.  Yes, there are porters aplenty, but I have yet to encounter one who knew what I was talking about when I said, "Where is the Luggage Forward representative?"  Most of the personnel at the cruise terminals apparently have never heard of this company.  My experience (and this, of course, is not everybody's) is that locating a Luggage Forward individual is a very hit-and-miss operation at the end of a cruise.  In Seattle last summer, I waited for more than an hour - with four other frustrated individuals in the same situation - until a man in an unmarked van showed up and identified himself as the Luggage Forward guy.  Just sayin' that it looks like their service is spotty.

• Thanks 1