Live: Beyond TA: April 23 - MAY 7; 8 Day Adriatic: May 7 - May 15 & Sorrento

Lastdance

We just heard another announcement from our Captain that the port will be closed "all day."  Explorer of the Seas was to dock two hours later than us, but of course the weather isn’t allowing this at all.  Below, I will post a few photos from a previous trip to Azores...it is a beautiful group of islands, but gets quite a lot of rain, enhancing its beauty!

IMG_0706.jpeg

IMG_0664.jpeg

IMG_0642.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Sorry you missed the Azores. When we stopped there we thought is was one of the most beautiful places we have been.

mac_tlc

We were lucky to have been there twice before, but was sad for those who were first timers.

• Like 1

• Host Carolyn changed the title to Live: Beyond TA: April 23 - MAY 7; 8 Day Adriatic: May 7 - May 15 & Sorrento
On 4/30/2023 at 7:18 AM, Lastdance said:

We were lucky to have been there twice before, but was sad for those who were first timers.

That’s a shame that you weren’t able to port, especially after 6 sea days.  I’m sure it that it would have been nice just to get off the ship.  We’re on this same itinerary in 2024.  Just wondering if they mentioned any additional time in Cartagena?   

Thanks so much for the updates as you go alone!  Hugely helpful for me and my SO, who is already seasick although she hasn’t boarded a ship! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Joe33472 said:

That’s a shame that you weren’t able to port, especially after 6 sea days.  I’m sure it that it would have been nice just to get off the ship.  We’re on this same itinerary in 2024.  Just wondering if they mentioned any additional time in Cartagena?   

Thanks so much for the updates as you go alone!  Hugely helpful for me and my SO, who is already seasick although she hasn’t boarded a ship! 

Yes…more time In Cartagena, a city we love visiting because it is so walkable for a port stop!

• Like 2

On 4/30/2023 at 2:28 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

that too bad you missed the Azores 

It is pretty nice south of you on the Reflection 

19°c 

70456733786__E5528223-13A5-4FBD-B9D7-66CBAA4945DD.thumb.jpeg.cc01f40d73384af87941cbef00d3841e.jpeg
IMG_2984.thumb.jpeg.037a4a96b6404bd55de1a776a87130eb.jpeg

Thank goodness today has been excellent, in terms of weather; everyone is outside and enjoying the sunshine, food and wonderful breeze!

• Thanks 1

We really enjoyed being outside on deck 17 for lunch and some sun…my Caesar Salad was petite and perfect; Gary’s grilled chicken, on a croissant, with fries, was excellent too!  Fruit kabobs were served late morning and chocolate back in our room😎  There were plenty of loungers… no hogs❣️

IMG_1826.jpeg

IMG_1825.jpeg

IMG_1820.jpeg

IMG_1823.jpeg

IMG_1827.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

Although the water in the pool was just a little cool, it was great walking around the perimeter.  I chose not to swing on the chairs, but maybe tomorrow…it was just so peaceful.  You rarely wait for a drink, as someone is always there…we even said “hi” to Captain D, as he was out and about!

IMG_1818.jpeg

IMG_1822.jpeg

• Like 2

Dinner tonight, Chic Nite, was excellent.  We both had the filet; it was so tender and juicy too!  Just very yummy with every bite.  Our friends sat with us, so dinner was even nicer.  They are from El Paso and we lived in Texas for many years!  Presently, we are enjoying the show…

IMG_1833.jpeg

IMG_1832.jpeg

22 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I chose not to swing on the chairs, but maybe tomorrow…it was just so peaceful.  

I love "hanging out" in those chairs.  😁

• Like 2

Unfortunately, it was so windy that we could not enjoy lunch on deck 17;  I am talking lots of knots going on there with white caps; however, OVC was promoting all the chefs and assistants, not to mention anyone else who chose to make the rounds...the theme was Farewell, but we do not get to Civi until Sunday!  Many were asking why so many cruises were jumping ship..first photo in Retreat and second in OVC.  Let them eat cake!

IMG_1850.jpeg

IMG_1852.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

Photo reflection from balcony to suite slider...very Mickey Mouse!  What am I referring to or about on this pic?  Yes, it is blurry for a reason!  

IMG_1839.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Just for fun, name the style of architecture..._ _ _ _ _ _ _.

Roman Gothic Renaissance Checkerboard???? 🫣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4