Live: Beyond TA: April 23 - MAY 7; 8 Day Adriatic: May 7 - May 15 & Sorrento

Lastdance

Well, this is definitely a wrap.  We have been gone almost 32 days; our readiness to get home is showing, but our memories are strongly filled with gratitude.  Italy does have the kindest and most authentic people who have such a zest for taking it slow and enjoying.  As I get older, my perspective on life is to make meaningful memories fill my journeys, making my heart and soul more content.  Grazie, as it is time to disembark!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 5/10/2023 at 9:08 AM, Lastdance said:

Photos of Kotor, Montenegro...we have been here previously, so took the small tender into Kotor for some early morning photos and walking.

IMG_2171.jpeg

IMG_2174.jpeg

IMG_2180.jpeg

IMG_2179.jpeg

IMG_2164.jpeg

IMG_2163.jpeg

IMG_2155.jpeg

IMG_2152.jpeg

IMG_2151.jpeg

IMG_2150.jpeg

IMG_2181.jpeg

these show like a beautiful fairtly tale..thanks for posting them..

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/13/2023 at 12:41 PM, Lastdance said:

Kudos to our private guide, Earaldo; he is part race car driver, photo enthusiast and knows everyone on the Island.  Originally from Athens, he returned to Zakynthos six months ago from living in England that gave him that British accent.  His personality is very easy-going and just wants you to be happy and enjoy life!  Every time I try to post his photo, it comes out up-side-down, even if so change it, so  I am adding a photo of him wearing the blue jacket.

IMG_2271.jpeg

Can you give details of the company you used for this Zakinthos trip please? Thank you.

57 minutes ago, Bucket List Ticked said:

Can you give details of the company you used for this Zakinthos trip please? Thank you.

It is called Abba Tours.  We got lucky because it was May, so had our guide to ourselves, but if you can get a few couple together, there should not be an issue at all.  You may have to contact him through Viator.  Actually, there was another company that I planned to use, but they would not take my credit card; crazy in this day and age, so I will not give you their names, as their company was much more expensive and wanted to take you everywhere by boat which was not necessary in our situation.  I like the restaurant and land stops!

20 hours ago, Lastdance said:

It is called Abba Tours.  We got lucky because it was May, so had our guide to ourselves, but if you can get a few couple together, there should not be an issue at all.  You may have to contact him through Viator.  Actually, there was another company that I planned to use, but they would not take my credit card; crazy in this day and age, so I will not give you their names, as their company was much more expensive and wanted to take you everywhere by boat which was not necessary in our situation.  I like the restaurant and land stops!

Thank you so much!

Abba Tours were actually the first company I looked at yesterday but it didn’t seem that they collected from Port of Zakinthos. Where did you meet them? I only saw Hotels and Agios Nikolaus mentioned….

They are my first choice if I can meet them close the the ship as many trips start too early or end too late. An 11.50 start would work really well! Prices seem reasonable too.

1 hour ago, Bucket List Ticked said:

Thank you so much!

Abba Tours were actually the first company I looked at yesterday but it didn’t seem that they collected from Port of Zakinthos. Where did you meet them? I only saw Hotels and Agios Nikolaus mentioned….

They are my first choice if I can meet them close the the ship as many trips start too early or end too late. An 11.50 start would work really well! Prices seem reasonable too.

They picked us up at the port, or just barely outside of it by car.  I contacted them a few times using WhatsApp:  +30 697 774 1500  TripAdvisor has them listed(I believe)as:  Zakynthos: One day small group tour to Navajo Beach Blue Caves and top view...we did the same, but just two of us.  if you keep scrolling down, you will see where to reserve your spot.  We did the private car; private boat.

I had to go back and look all of this up.  Once I booked, then I used WhatsApp!

Edited by Lastdance