I booked a cruise on Royal, should I have asked for a military discount?

Sigyn

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Never heard of a discount for being a federal employee. I worked (retired) for the DOD/USAF/CSRS for 40 years. 

Federal law enforcement officers and agents.  Some cruise lines, including RCI, have a law enforcement discount, as well as a military discount, that is randomly applied.  

Edited by Aquahound

13 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Federal law enforcement officers and agents.  Some cruise lines, including RCI, have a law enforcement discount, as well as a military discount, that is randomly applied.  

I'm aware of the military/veteran discount as I've received it on some of our RC cruises. Also I'm aware of police, fire fighter and senior discounts. I don't see where federal law enforcement officers and agents are listed on RCs website.   

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I'm aware of the military/veteran discount as I've received it on some of our RC cruises. Also I'm aware of police, fire fighter and senior discounts. I don't see where federal law enforcement officers and agents are listed on RCs website.   

You are correct.  My most humble apologies.  The police discount used to include federal law enforcement.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Veteran and retired federal employee. Double discount?  😄 

I guess I will have to ask my TA about veteran discounts for Royal. I get the OBC from Princess automatically.

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Never heard of a discount for being a federal employee. I worked (retired) for the DOD/USAF/CSRS for 40 years. 

A little tongue in cheek on the federal discount. Didn't know you had a chance for a military discount on Royal. I'll have to ask my TA.

3 1/2 years USAF 45 years NASA (7 as a contractor)

14 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

I kind of doubt what you are saying here. First of all the discharge is a DD214, not 215, and most cruise lines that offer any sort of military discount are dew and very far between. They all talk a good game but fail to deliver. 

In the past several cruise lines always had some sort of discount but RCCL hasn't offered any sort of military discount from before Covid. I'd like to know what your 4 discounts were. AND please get the form correctly as any honorable discharge vet knows what their DD214 is.

Cheers

Len

Hi Len,  A dd215 is a correction to a 214.  I have one.  Also, Norwegian gives a flat 10% discount for veterans (retired or otherwise), all cruises.  Appled at booking.  They verify status using a 3rd party service, which took 30 seconds for both my wife and I (we're both veterans).  

Its unfortunate the RCCL does not do the same.