Central Park on the Allure of the Seas

I know Central Park got hit by the freeze and most of the vegetation died.  Are there any recent  cruisers on Allure of the Seas that can give up an update on the current park status?  We sail in June and I'm by then it will be back to some of its former glory as that was one of my fave areas on the Symphony of the Seas.  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Houstoncruiser2007 said:

Wow!  What a difference!.  Thanks for sending.  I'm not sure why they are not replanting the dead trees. That makes no sense as it's one of the selling features of the ship.

To ensure sustainability the plan is to replace one plant a day to be planted by a cabin steward.  

Sarcasm, of course!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Houstoncruiser2007 said:

Wow!  What a difference!.  Thanks for sending.  I'm not sure why they are not replanting the dead trees. That makes no sense as it's one of the selling features of the ship.

The trees have to be lifted by a crane over the top of the ship. From a safety perspective, there's not enough time to do that during a normal turnaround day with 6000 people disembarking and another 6000 people embarking. My guess is they will wait until the Allure moves to Florida and either bring new trees in as she leaves or when she arrives in Florida. My guess is that they would do it just before she leaves Galveston to give the landscaping crew time to set all the trees in place properly before she has 6000 more people on the ship.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Houstoncruiser2007 said:

They look like they have been pruned and are hoping for new growth.  You would think they would cut them all the way down if they were completely dead.  Very sad looking though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fontaid said:

The trees have to be lifted by a crane over the top of the ship. From a safety perspective, there's not enough time to do that during a normal turnaround day with 6000 people disembarking and another 6000 people embarking. My guess is they will wait until the Allure moves to Florida and either bring new trees in as she leaves or when she arrives in Florida. My guess is that they would do it just before she leaves Galveston to give the landscaping crew time to set all the trees in place properly before she has 6000 more people on the ship.

That makes sense.  Hopefully, they've been able to re-plant some more of the bushes though.  I'm just super disappointed because I talked some friends into trying Royal with us in June and we booked on the 8th floor just to be close to Central Park.

We were on her at during the first week of April and got a shot from above (the little 9th floor balcony), where you can see more green. Then they brought more plants on the week after us to fill in some of the remaining empty spots. The overall impression was green, but the trees were sad...

20230402_222154.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We sailed on Allure last week. I thought everything looked pretty good, considering it was totally dead 6 weeks ago?!? A lot of greenery already planted and growing, and signs of more being planted every day. There are hundreds (thousands?) of plants on the ship so they couldn't do it all overnight. Be patient, people and they will eventually get it all replanted. It was still a beautiful space last week and the dead trees absolutely did NOT ruin my cruise!!! 🙂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

We were on her at during the first week of April and got a shot from above (the little 9th floor balcony), where you can see more green. Then they brought more plants on the week after us to fill in some of the remaining empty spots. The overall impression was green, but the trees were sad...

20230402_222154.jpg

This gives me hope!  Thanks so much for posting. 

• Like 1