Carnival Glory: PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE. speak up!

mocka

[quote name='barbemm']hey Norman,
I just spent time with John on the Glory and he told me he would be sailing a different ship in Feb then you have posted here...maybe he's trying to avoid you, lol...i will see him next week in New Jersey in Freehold...I will tell him if he's trying to avoid you it worked, lol..you booked the wrong ship, lol
Barb[/QUOTE]

Gidday,
My mistake, I misread your post...I know you will have a blasst with John and Heidi...
Barb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name='MyImagination']Is John Heald really that great?[/QUOTE]

ABSOLULTELY...he makes you laugh from the minute you get on the ship till the minute you leave....laughing is so good for the soul...make sure you go to all the shows, and talks to really get his best...it may be redundant if you've sailed with him before...(I have sailed with him 5 times) but you still laugh till your belly and face hurt...so if you enjoy laughter..John's your man. My last cruise on the Glory was only selected because we wanted to sail with John again...
Barb

[quote name='shortstuf']Some of us are going on the 4/23 and would like a good place to meet on board. Any suggestions?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]
The ship is so large that there arn't too many places that are not already saturated with people to find your group memebers.

The best and quietest place to meet is in the Ivory club, in the afternoon. The Internet cafe is there also

I was on the Glory for what I belive was the first customer voyage (7/19/03) and and heading back to her for my spring break this year (3/12/05) ... wow ... been too long since I've cruised ;). Definately looking forward to getting some pizza and deli sandwiches. BTW, I don't know about anyone else, but my favorite place for eating on the Lido deck was on the second floor of the Red Sails dining room where Fish&Chips is ... usually not very crowded and pretty quiet. There are also drink dispensers up there, so you only need to worry about navigating the stairs when you go to the buffet line.

Here are some great shots of various cabins and public areas of Glory

[url="http://community.webshots.com/album/87145531ZxhICg/0"]http://community.webshots.com/album/87145531ZxhICg/0[/url]

[url="http://community.webshots.com/album/87075726GjNkEC/0"]http://community.webshots.com/album/87075726GjNkEC/0[/url]

MyImagination, those were awesome pics. Thank you

Is there a step down to the dance floor in the white heat dance club? Will be traveling with someone in a wheelchair in Oct so was just wondering if she would be able to get onto dance floor.

A group of 5, including me, will be sailing out on the Glory April 2nd.
The pictures of the ship are wonderful... thanks for posting those links.
We have cruised with Carnival several times but this cruise will be our first with balcony rooms...

Can't wait...

We (myself, 11 & 13 Year old boys) cruised on Glory Jan. 2003. Yes, 9 - 11 year olds can sign themselves out. It works out great as they can grab a pizza or drink and return to the club. Basically we just set a time to meet and the kids know where I will be at all times. That said, the kids spent very little time in Carnivals kids club. Especially the 13 yr old. He was the only one to show up to several activities so of course they were cancelled. A couple of times we had to call from the meeting site to get a councelor to show up. It could have just been our sailing, but there was little organization in either club and very few participants, although there were many kids on board. My kids spent much less time in Carnivals club than other cruise lines. But, they were not bored. They found many other things to do. We had a great time as a family.

The Glory does have movement. I was taking Dramamine. After cruising on RCL Navigator, I thought I had overcome that seasickness thing. When I sailed on the Glory I realized I was wrong. We missed Progresso due to high winds so we were to go to Freeport the next day instead. This didn't happen because they had to be diverted to let off a sick passenger. None of this was Carnivals fault, and they tried to add extra activities. It was actually fun watching other passengers yell and cuss at the officers. Enough that they threatened the Brig. However, at one point it was downright scary when the crowds were arguing in the auditorium. Needless to say, with all the rocking and missing the ports I couldn't wait to debark (walk on land) and our color was called nowhere near the beginning.

We were assigned a booth in the Golden Dining Room. Had a good waiter and great assistant waiter. Dinners were fun but the food did not compare to RCL. We didn't eat a whole lot, but had a lot of laughs over what was served. The little shows put on be the servers each night were great. Usually have a big table and meet other people. Missed that, our favorite cruise experience.

The ship itself was interesting, loved the carpet outside the elevators. This is the first ship I have been on that you didn't have to fight for your turn on the elevator. There were plenty of them. The Glory did seem much more crowded than other ships, but mostly at the dinner hour. The lines to get pictures taken were very managable. The room size and closets were perfect.

Excursions...take them. We did not do any excursions this cruise. Through excessive planning, research, and reading these boards, I decided to go off on our own. In Key West, that was great. In Cozumel, we shopped and played mini golf, it was OK, but we missed out. In Belize we left the village and went into town. Most of the time it was OK, very over priced. At one point we felt we made a mistake and were in a bad situation. One of locals had somehow managed to get us into a back ally and we were surrounded by others. The kids and I held our camera and belongings closer to us and made a hasty retreat, with serveral of them following us. I finally just gave the one some money and he left us alone. I had read that the locals were very friendly, and they did all come up to talk to us, but they all had a motive for doing so. We will do excursions this time as with other cruises. We feel that we missed many great opportunities.

As you can probably tell, we had a fantastic time. It was not our favorite ship, or overall cruise however we are booked again, so it must have been ok. We will take excursions this time and the kids do not expect to spend much time in the clubs. We are extremely excited and can't wait as we only did Disney World this year. Nothing can compare to a cruise!

The ship is so large that there arn't too many places that are not already saturated with people to find your group memebers.

The best and quietest place to meet is in the Ivory club, in the afternoon. The Internet cafe is there also

I agree the Ivory club is quiet and not crowded and makes a great place to meet...I suggest however, you make two meet and greet appts...some times when you get on the ship, something is going on and prevents people who would have love to come attend..happened with me...I was trying to unpack and dress for our late dinner on the first night when they chose a meeting..and the second day I was in the middle of the slot tournament and was in fifth place so I wasn't about to give up my chance to win $500...so make two, one early and one late and hopefully you will get to meet more people that way....in the past, and I have organized a few meet and greets, lol...I always told everyone to remain on the right side of the room in the lounge after the first welcome aboart shopping talk with the cruise director (usually at 11am the first morning)...since most people attend that I always have them just wait after the talk and sit in one section...makes it very convenient and 90% of the people can attend...just a suggestion..but it's worked form me many times..have a great cruise!

Barb

Some of us are going on the 4/23 and would like a good place to meet on board. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

The three of us (me, my husband and 15 year old daughter) will be on board also. We've met a lot of nice people on this board who we ran into on prior cruises--especially kids for our one and only daughter to hang out with! Any teens sailing? Also does anyone know which car rental agency is easiest to use form the port? We are staying until Sunday when we return.

The three of us (me, my husband and 15 year old daughter) will be on board also. We've met a lot of nice people on this board who we ran into on prior cruises--especially kids for our one and only daughter to hang out with! Any teens sailing? Also does anyone know which car rental agency is easiest to use form the port? We are staying until Sunday when we return.

Budget car rental is about 10 minutes from the port....they have a free shuttle that will pick you up at the pier...we opted to take a cab over (cost was about $5 to save time since there were about 10 others waiting for shuttle)...got there in 10 minutes....got our car in about 10 minutes and were on our way to Orlando all in less that 30 min...we reserved a car over the internet and used a coupon upgrade...ended up with a lincoln towncar..was great...plenty of room..drop off at the airport was a breeze..just drove it to the parking garage...a guy came over with a scanner and scanned the car..we took our luggage and left...took about 10 minutes to turn it in..would absolutely use them again. (I think we used either our BJ'd membership or our entertainment book coupon for the upgrade..can't remember which but both should work...)

Barb

Thanks for the info. I think we used Budget or Avis last time but I couldn't remember which one was right there. We are staying at the Marriot Fairfield Airport on the Friday before the cruise. I heard there is a Hertz right across the street. We were going to shuttle back to the airport Saturday morning and take the transfers but it may be cheaper and easier to rent. Is there a Hertz drop-off near the port too?

We have a thread going for 4/23/2005 sailing - check it out :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=65857

I think we are going the night before but I checked out budget going to cape canaveral - VERY reasonable. And on the last day we hope to get a later flight and go to the space center.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived