Carnival Glory: PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE. speak up!

mocka

GTR ... we'll be on our first cruise and it's the GLORY ... thanks all for posting to the forum since it's great to read what we've got coming our way which is now only a few weeks aweigh!! With all the info of what to do and what not to do, where to eat and where not to eat, where to sleep and where not to sleep, catching rays here and not catching them there, and and and ... still not sure what we've got coming our way ... whew! ... catch you on the first wave >>>> :cool: ditzy!!

You know, it is so depressing to log into Carnival's website and see my countdown at 281 days! But it is something to look forward to like they all say. This will be cruise #6 for me and I am getting worse with age. I need my cruise fix! We are going away for a week next month with my family to Ocean City, Maryland, but I am looking right past that trip to my cruise next April. Ocean City doesn't even compare. If only you could see your feet in the ocean. For now, hopefully those reviews will keep on coming in for the Glory and I'll be able to stay sane until my ship comes in! Happy sailing to all!

We will be going on the Glory on July 24 also. We went on the inaugural cruise for the Glory last year. We had a super time! We loved it so much we are going on the same ship in the same room. The difference is last year we went on the Western and this year it is on the Eastern. We can't wait!

Hi!

Is anyone going on the July 24th cruise of the glory? My husband and I are traveling alone this year after going on 3 family cruises of 20 people. In some ways this will be quite different. Last year we were on the Destiny. Let me know.
nprahl

[b]lostmarbles,
We Will Be Sailing On The Glory 8-21 And You May Ask Anything You Want When I Get Back!!!
I Got Married In 86 In St. Thomas At The Court House!
Back Then You Had To.............. To Make It Offical......i Don't Know What The Rule Is Now!
Good Luck And If I Can Help You Out Let Me Know.................rich [/b] :)

Thanks, Rich! LOL about making it official! Seems fair enough to me!
I sure will ask you lots of questions when you return from Glory. In the meantime, I've been bugging everyone to help me compare the lines too. Since you've been on several perhaps you can help. :) I want fun close at hand when I'm ready, but do not want to be overwhelmed by crowds and non-stop action. I do not want total peace because I think I'd go into shock (I'm a preK teacher and also work part time at the zoo here, so slow paced is not the norm for me!) Is HAL really for older people? I'm worried about the hot debates over the Zuiderdam becasue that was one of my choices and also worried about their itinerary switching because it sounds too risky with trying to get married. I've heard Princess is less kid friendly and that Royal Car. and Celebrity are somewhere between Carnival and HAL in terms of fun balanced with relaxation. We'll have every age from 3-70something with us and I want all of us to be happy. :) Anything you can share would be great!
~ Angela (still can't find my marbles!)

[b]lostmarbles,
First..when I Told You About Being Made Offical I Was Serious..... Back Then You Had To Be Married On Us Soil For It To Be Offical......
You Could Only Do It On The Ship As A Ceremonious Type Thing........ I Don't Know What They Do Now Since I NeedNOT To Worry About That.......
Hal Is A Great Cruise Line If You Go In The Summer Or Spring Break There Is A Good Mix ....if You Go Any Other Time I Think It Will Be A Older Crowd...
I Think I Will Have A Better Idea About Carnival When I Go On The Glory.......... This Is The First Time Going On A Ship With 3000pax So I Not Sure What To Expect!!!!!!!!!
When We Got Married A Girl I Worked With Was Our T/a And She Set Everything Up. The Day We Got Into St. Thomas Flowers Were Waiting Had A Photo Person With Camera And Movie.... Limo...at Dinner They Had A Wedding Cake ....
Now Remember It Was Only My Dw And I On This Cruise And We Were At A Table For 8 And They All Gave Us Gifts And Had One Couple Stand Up With Us At The Court House......... It Was A Graet Cruise And I Am Sure Yours Will Be To.........
I Gotta Go For Now But I Will Get Back To You......................rich :) [/b]

I am sailing on the Glory on 9-11-04 with my Mother, Father and Brother-in-law and whoever he decides to bring ... his still has a few days to decide. We got an awesome deal through our travel agent. :) I can't wait!!! This will be our 6th cruise.
Amanda

I haven't seen anyone post that they're going to be on the 12/18/04 sailing of the Glory, but I'll be on it for my honeymoon!

I guess that the Glory is supposed to be the Conquest's twin... got engaged on her last year.

Been to Cozumel over a dozen times, but looking forward to Key West, Belize, and the Yucatan.

Wife and I sailed the Glory in May. Our 3rd. Cranival cruise. The best yet. The ship is nothing short of Glorious. The food was great no matter where you eat it. Most of the shows were as good as any we have seen. Our favorite spot on the ship was on the Lido deck all the way aft.(sailor talk) for rear of the ship. There is a great pool with a retracting roof just in case it rains. The is a bar on one side, the ice cream machines on the other, in the middle there is the friendly pizza maker (which was great) and in the rear was a panaramic window of the ocean. What a view. I could live there.LOL
We did not notice the ship rocking, we had a balcony room 7426. All the way aft. It was great, it had a refrigerator which was a stocke bar. WE had the room stewart remove the contants and we made use of the reg until the last night of the cruise. It was great. WE brought a couple bottles of wine onboard with us and enjoyed it nightly on the balcony. Aint life grand?
WE did not take part in any of the shore exursions as we had visited the islands in the past and just wanted to relax on the ship next to the pizza maker. Happy cruising

[quote name='picktown cruiser']Hi Everybody,
I love hearing about all the repeat cruisers on the Glory, obviously you're all very happy with the ship and crew. We sail July 31 on the Western itinerary. Is anyone else out there on that cruise? We will be travelling with our three teenage sons.

Sharon

[img]http://www.animfactory.com./animations/transportation/boats/cruise_sky_md_wht.gif[/img]

Imagination 8/01[/QUOTE]
I will be sailing on the Glory July 31st, me and my fiance are getting married on this cruise. We are sailing with 32 of our close friends and family. Can't wait. I am really getting obsessed with these message boards and cannot get enough of them.......!:p

Thanks all for the great postings ... am almost packed and ready to go ... somewhere in these many messages there was a posting with a web address for the excursion price list for the Glory ... does anyone have it to post once again ... can't seem to locate the link ... can't wait with less than 2 weeks to go and we'll be on our first cruise ... 7-31 GLORY Western ... hurrah ... :cool: ditzy

[font=Century Gothic][size=4][color=blue][b]:D We are sailing on the Glory [color=red]7/31/04[/color] and just heard that John Heald will be the CD. I am really excited after hearing so much about him. There seems several folks going on this cruise as well. It's nice to start seeing some fellow guests. [/b][/color][/size][/font]
[b][font=Century Gothic][size=4][color=#0000ff][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Century Gothic][size=4][color=#0000ff][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Century Gothic][size=4][color=#0000ff][i]Less than 2 weeks to go!![/i][/color][/size][/font][/b]

• 1 month later...
Hi Mocka,

Was starting to think we were on the ship alone. Glad to see someone else is going on November 13th. I am traveling with a group of 40 of us.

Thanks for starting this post......glad to finally start reading about the Glory.

Family trip for my mom's 60th birthday. Myself, husband, brother and mom. We have balcony cabins on the Verandah deck. Anyone know how full this cruise is? I have heard this ship tends to feel crowded. Can anyone comment? Never been on a Conquest class but I loved the Spirit class. I hope this lives up to that experience. I always like to get on the newer ships...seems you pay more but we don't mind paying more for the "newness" of things. I will say though, the "supper club" restaurant doesn't look near as nice decoratively as the one on the Spirit. It almost looks like an afterthought on the Glory. With the Spirit, it was so grand and elegant built up into the ships funnel. I hope the food and service are at the same wonderful level we experienced on the Spirit. We have mid-ships cabins which I know tend to be more stable. Had no problems with the motion on the Spirit. Husband had to use the ear patches. I hear the Glory can be "bumpy" though. Any comments to that? It's a much bigger ship than the Spirit too.

I''l summarize my June review:
Food: Dining room was usually served warm or cold. One stand out was the lobster, excellent! The food was of high quality, just served cold.
Alternative dining- fish and chips was good, deli EXCELLENT, even the buffet often had excellent items.
Entertainment- generally poor. Pool area often had rap music spun from records instead of band. Mediocre shows, first night was CD doing the "howya doing "shctick, 20 minutes of commedian.
Pool area- deck chairs often hard to find, crowded. Tip- walk out the door by the pursers desk to the outside area (deck 3?) it is DESERted, has PADDEDD lounge chairs with an unobstructed view of the ocean.It is quient, comfy and gorgeous. Relax there and watch the sunset!
Room- nice balcony, good service.
Overall, it was a good cruise. it felt crowded, but I'd do it again.
Oh, the supper club was disappointing. Great food, presentation. However, it had a claustrophobic feel to it. Small, no windows (ok they have windows covered with green curtains) they even lack live music (piped in music)
Coffee- Ship coffe yucky, the pay for stuff was yummy.
Oh, during the formal captains party, have your camera handy and get a picture of yourself with funship Freddy, you'll later be happy you did.

Archived