Carnival Glory: PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE. speak up!

mocka

Mocka-

I'm sailing August 21st! List is a great idea [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Michelle

Carnival Glory 8/21/04
Carnival Fascination 9/02
Carnival Imagination 6/01
Majesty of the Seas 12/00

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;8;21;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Glory - August 21, 2004 - Here we come!!

Things to do in Belize, we did the cave tubing, this was great. It was @ 1.5 hour ride to the tubing, they gave a great history of the island, then @ 1 hour walk to the top of the river thru the rain forest, then tubing thru the cave (so cool), then lunch at a local outside restaurants and then the ride back. Well worth it.
Last year we went on a cruise with 76 people and many of them used giner crystals (found at heath food stores) all natural and they were never sea sick.
Lastly our boat Paradise eastern carribbean also rocked ont the eastern leg, I think it is just a combinatin of the speed and the track they use it is just futher out than the western route.
We go again in August Glory and then april 04 on Disney Magic.

Carnival Glory
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;8;21;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

[B]michelle319[/B] I got you noted!

[B]islandgram[/B] thanks for the info on the meds. definitely worth a $4 investment!

WHOA I was getting nervous with our boards down!

-mocka

11/13 Carnival Glory!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Imperial Majesty 1/2002
Carnival Destiny 5/2003
Carnival Sensation 11/2003

Great time, Great cruise, Great food, Great entertainment the only thing left to say is that the Glory is Glorious. LOL
Sorry about that.
Happy cruising

Sensation 4/29/01
Inspiration 5/4/03
Glory 5/1/04

Here are some more questions for those of you who have cruised before...

1. Can you get sweet tea on board GLory?

2. If you smuggle your own soft drinks and alcohol on board---how do you do it? I want to brink some Mellow Yellow with me but I am unsure how to do it...any tips?

3. I would also like to bring a bottle of wine....where should I hide it so they don't confiscate it?

4. How much does a margarita cost as well as bottled water?

Can you pay cash for your drinks, pictures etc on board or do you have to put it on your sign and sail card?

Thanks,
Leigh Ann

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;8;28;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
8/28/04 Carnival Glory - First Cruise YEAH!

We just got back from the Glory yesterday. Great cruise!

Somebody asked about the sushi on one of the posts. It is free.

I found the best place to lay out on deck was the 10th floor at the very back of the ship. We never had a problem getting a lounge chair if you got up there early enough. Then you just had to walk down the stairs and you were at the pool and hot tubs. Loved it.

5/04 Glory Cruise
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;05;29;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Carnival Glory May 29, 2004
Carnival Pride June 21, 2003
Carnival Jubilee July 2001
Carnival Destiny Feb. 1998

Mocka,

We will being sailing at the same time as you. There will be 38 of us sailingas a group cruise. We're really looking forward to the cruise, this will be our 4th cruise on Carnival.

Going On Glory......Ypeeee!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;15;10;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
imagnation-07/23/93
celbration-12/20/97
pardise-11/23/02

[B]luv2cruise248[/B] Thats Fantastic! Can't wait to see ya on board! Its sad that I'm wishin my summer away to cruise........=)

We keep this going we might know everyone on board before we even get to the ship! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[B]dixiegirl[/B] Now I've never been on Glory but on other Carnival ships there are a variety of ways to bring you own drink on. I have heard that if you want to bring on water or softdrinks they don't really care. As for liquor ......[I]i've heard[/I] you can just put the liquor in water bottles OR pack it in your luggage. We did however meet a couple on Sensation that packed their whiskey and it broke so all of their clothes had a delicious smell. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Wine you are allowed to bring on board and they will charge you a cork fee. I've heard that they don't always charge you for that but they expect it for drink in the dining room. I want to bring on some good champagne for the bon voyage so I'm just going to take it in my carry on.

As for paying cash......I have never seen anyone use cash. They might take it but I think they prefer the sail and sign. You can put cash on the card if you prefer not to use a credit card and do it that way.

Hope that helps some. Oh and as for sweet tea I've asked (the sounthern boy in me!) and they usually offer me sugar or that nasty neste fake tea stuff. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]-

anyone else have better info?

mokca

11/13 Carnival Glory!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Imperial Majesty 1/2002
Carnival Destiny 5/2003

We will be a group of 20 going on the Glory this coming Saturday, June 12 !! We cannot wait. I think only 3 out of the 20 have cruised before. I love seeing it through new eyes!!

tootiesmom [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

We are sailing on the Glory 4/16/05 like the couple from Maryland(can't remember your username), we are traveling with 2 other families, it is our school vacation in the Boston area that week, I hope there aren't too many kids on board for your anniversary. We haven't been on Carnival since '99 and am looking forward to a nice change hopefully, not that our past cruises have been bad, just a change of same thing, different day.

Glory 4/05
Adventure 4/04
NCL Dawn 4/03
Granduer 10/02
Voyager 4/02
Adventure 12/01
Grand Princess 4/01
Galaxy 10/00
Paradise 4/99
Fantasy 4/98
Imagination 11/96
Nordic Empress 4/96
NCL Windward 11/94
Fantasy 10/92
Ectasy 11/91
Holiday 9/86

Lisa

part 1 of cruise review..please bare with me I am no writer..lol

Well I had sometime to go ahead and do a part of my review. I will start off by saying thank you to everyone on the boards for all the info and help you gave to me in reference to this cruise and much other handy stuff as well.

Now onto my cruising experience...we first booked a pre-night stay at Ron Jons caribe resort it was very convenient to the Port and it was a lovely resort. The only thing I have to say that was Negative was there was no one to help with your bags..you had to go and find your own luggage roll thinghy and if you were lucky you might find one we did not and having two kids and huge suitcases it was quite hectict we had to make two trips..well my husband did poor thing it was really hot! Also you can park your car at this resort for free they will ask you to park it in the employess parking so it was not a bad deal think we paid 132.00 total. The pool area of this resort is quote from my kids"off the chain" It was a very nice pool area with slide, kids play water toys, kids pool, main pool where you can play water volleyball, water fall to sit under, a lazy river as well. And hot tubs can't leave those out.hehehe!! Now as for the room it was awesome the colors so bright and warm. We had a king bed then a sitting area with couch that made into a huge bed not sure but it seemed like a king size too and also a nice sitting chair and coffe table and end tables. We also had a kitchen with toaster coffeemaker microwave and all the dishes you need if oyu were planning on a long long stay. Now for my kids favorite thing in the room..we had a jacuzzi bath tub could fit two adults in their easily also had nice standing shower with a seat. The only thing seemed to be missing from that room and was needed badily was floor mats for the floor..when they got wet they got very slippery so I threw down some towels. Well enough of that lets get onto the Cruise. Well we had a shuttle service pick us up at 11am and off we went got to the pier at 1115am and made our way up to the check in. At first I thought they put us in wrong line since we had fast pass because the line seemed longer then other one on other side..so I asked one of the Carnival ppl and they said no I was in right line which was regular line..so there is no funpass..its just like someone said a preview for them to know how many ppl coming and I guess also maybe a security check as well. But we ended up getting this very nice man to do our check in his name was Robert Hoffma he got us squared away and on our way in a matter of minutes. We then made our way thru the sections got our sail and sign cards then off to get our picture for the embarkation debaration process for the Island visits. Then off we went up some escalators and waited for about 10 minutes maybe less and then we were onboard and off we went to our rooms. I wanted to show the kids the rooms because I told them we had one balcony and one inside..but when they seen we had two balconies they were so surprised and happy. We met up with our Room Steward Daniel who by the way was very sweet and did an awesome job keeping up with our tornado looked like came thru rooms..lol We asked him to see if they could open the partition between the balconies . Well then we were off to get some lunch..which was pretty good up at the Red Sail Restaraunt. I really liked their cold pasta salads the best. Well after that the kids went swimming while me and hubby sat up at the lido bar where we met some great folks..Mike and Wendy from North Carolina and Scotty from South Carolina(this guy was a riot!! Scotty told us about how he told his son they were going on a big boat and his son said Daddy I am gonna bring my Brim Pole so I can go Brim Fishin off the boat...he said he told him no son this is a huge boat you can't go Brim fishin off of it...He said he tried his hardest to sneak that Brim pole nto the trunk to take along..hehehe..was one of the cutest and funniest things I heard. Well after a few drinks and mingling and kids swimming it was time for the Drill.....let me tell ya..don't be one of the first to get there but do get there at reasonable time...We were and to be honest I didn't want to be one of the last ones there to keep everyone else waiting so thats why we got there ontime.....I couldn't breath and I was sweating like a pig..It was very uncomfortable I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack because I couldn't breath. Or I will get there ontime and just let them know I want to be in the front of the group. They did our drill right before we sailed off so we did get the chance along with everyone else to go up or go out on balconies and wave bye bye!! Well that was our beginning of our cruise..now onto the next part.
I am going to just do this by breakdowns.

Carnival Staff and Crew: They were amazing all but one(dealer). They always smiled said hello and worked very hard to make us all have a wonderful and unforgettable cruise.
Carnival Ship: This ship was Beautiful..the flow of the colors used thru out the ship was just amazing..the primary colors they used were Green, Blue, Gold, And a Red you would see an aboundance of those in the Atrium and along the promenade seating areas also in the elevators. The only area on the ship that had a negative was in the Red Sail Restaraunt..the first day while we were eating a lady trip over where the carpets meets back to the tile flooring and spilled her tray only her drink managed to slip off and onto the floor she saved the rest! They should have had the tile and carpet floors be same height so there wasn't a gap between them to catch feet on. That was it no ther negatives.
Cabins: I got to see alot of different cabins since we did go right to ours when we boarded the doors to most were open. I have to say I like the way the rooms are laid our on deck 8 insides. Now as for my cabin 8245 we had a slight problem when the Captain put the pedal to the medal from Nassau to St. Thomas. My Son and I went back to the Cabin early around 915pm and around 10pm I was in the bathroom and my Son hollared Mommy someone is trying to break into our room..I was like what are you talking about..well I sat there on the bed and then wham...sounded like someone was knocking the crap out of the windows and wall around the balcony. Well needless to say it just got worse and then it got loud enough to find the exact location of where the noise was coming form. It was coming from the top of the Balcony dorr area made of the same stuff as the walls of the cabin. I called Pursers desk they sent someone with ear plugs..I had that guy come in and fill the area cause he said it was just the wind I said no feel thi..Guy put his hand on it and he about jumped out of his pants because it was so loud and how he could feel it thru that. Well Off he went..I tried the earplugs..they didn't work so I added to pillows along with the earplugs on side of my head..it didn't work..so I got back up called pursers again told them not working that they will have to get someone here in am to check this out they said ok. Well They came but couldn't figure it out..well they really should have sent them then when it was making a racket..could only hear it when Captain haulin butt. After that night we didn't hear it again until the last night. So for anyone who is booking Glory Ya might want to not book 8245. Other than that the Cabins were great and with the partition away the balcony was huge and lots of fun!!
Food: The food was good in the Red Sail for lunch, Breakfast needs help..only thing I like was the fruit and hasbrowns the eggs needed help and the ones the guys made for you well they were no better they would have burned butter on them or the edges way over cooked. Now the Fish n Chips..oh my goodness they were fantastic along with the fried oysters that they also served back there. The Chinese food was also really god I didn't eat there but brother in law along with quite a bit of others said it was and it was always busy back there.
Dining Room: Food was good..not great but Good. They have more fish items on the menus compared to earlier cruises I have been on. The filet Mignon was out of this world, the Chateau Briand(sp) was horrible. They also had alot of crawfish items as well. The desserts were perfect..especially their cinnamon Bread pudding we got at lunch one day in the Platnium dining room. And also there Souffle's(sp)were exceptional. The shrimp plates must have been a hit cause my sis in law ate them up. Now for the LOBSTER it was over cooked and it was a hazzard for one passenger in our dining room..as we all were eating the Maitre D asked if there was a doctor in the room..I didn't quite understand what was going on..but everyone at table filled me in..apparently a woman had choked on the lobster and she fell to the floor and no one could do the Hymlic(sp) but a doctor did rush over to help her and she was taken out on a stretcher. She was going to be ok..thank goodness. On the last night I seen the lady and her husband having very emotinal embraces with the staff that had tried to help her..was a moment I will never forget seeing.
Service in Dining Room: From the Maitre D to our Head waiter Romel to our asst waiter Corneilius they were awesome..they really did an awesome job!! And when it got time for the waiters to put on their show Romel was really great at geting the kids and adults up to join in and Corneilius can sing..I mean he was really great!!
All in All I had a blast at dinner even though the food wasn't that great..oh ladies FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE GONE OFF MENU ON THIS SHIP...I CRIED!!!!
Shows: The shows were great and the Dancers were very good and the Lead Lady Singer was just awesome she made up for the male singer..he was not that great. Also that had to been one of the youngest looking dance teams and boy did they have some tall woman on that team..two of them had to be 6ft or taller. They did great!!

Ok I will be back to add more...if any questons please ask!

Cyt

Atlantic
Oceanic
Norway
Enchantment of the Seas
Destiny
Voyager of the Seas
Conquest March 30th 2003
Glory May 29th 2004
Caribbean Princess Oct 23 2004
Legend November 19 2004

We can't wait for our cruise on the Glory July 31. My wife and I will be in one cabin, my mother and my 21 year old son in a separate cabin.

Carnivale 11/85
Celebration 8/88
Holiday 6/90
Ecstasy 8/91
Sensation 8/94
Sovereign of the Seas 12/96
Sovereign of the Seas 8/97
NCL Leeward 12/97
Ecstasy 12/99
Carnival Triumph 8/00
Imagination 4/01
Fascination 12/01
Imagination 7/02
Carnival Legend 11/02
Star Princess 7/03
Carnival Pride 9/03
Carnival Triumph 12/03
Carnival Glory 7/04

Btyko,
Glad to hear you will be on the Glory the 31st. My husband, myself, and our three sons will be as well. My two oldest, 19 & 17 will have an inside, while the rest of us will have an outside across the hall. Can't wait for the day.
Sharon

[img]http://www.animfactory.com./animations/transportation/boats/cruise_sky_md_wht.gif[/img]

Imagination 8/01

Picktown, I look forward to meeting you and your family. How old is your youngest son? It would seem to be better if he stayed with the other boys, so you and you husband could have some private time.

My 17 year old daughter was originally booked to go with us, but the camp where she is working does not end until August 6, so we replaced her on the reservation with my 21 year old son. Her loss is his gain.

He and my mother are in a guarantee cabin, so we do not know if they will be near us.

Carnivale 11/85
Celebration 8/88
Holiday 6/90
Ecstasy 8/91
Sensation 8/94
Sovereign of the Seas 12/96
Sovereign of the Seas 8/97
NCL Leeward 12/97
Ecstasy 12/99
Carnival Triumph 8/00
Imagination 4/01
Fascination 12/01
Imagination 7/02
Carnival Legend 11/02
Star Princess 7/03
Carnival Pride 9/03
Carnival Triumph 12/03
Carnival Glory 7/04

Hi Cyt! How much was the shuttle from Ron Jon Cape Caribe to the port? Also, do you know about how far it is if we wanted to take a cab? Thanks.

Joanne [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

11/27 Carnival Glory Cruise
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;11;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Carnival Glory 11/03
Sovereign of the Seas 5/01
Paradise 10/00
The Big Red Boat 5/98
Emerald Seas 3/90

It was 5.oo per person and we took a taxi back and it was about 12.00 maybe less..it is better to take taxi the ride was short about 8 minutes. Don't know why I didn't think of having taxi pick us up

Cyt

Atlantic
Oceanic
Norway
Enchantment of the Seas
Destiny
Voyager of the Seas
Conquest March 30th 2003
Glory May 29th 2004
Caribbean Princess Oct 23 2004
Legend November 19 2004

[B]WELCOME NEW FOLKS![/B] WOW SO MANY POSTS!

Cyt - AWESOME REVIEW. Thanks! I'm sure there will be many questions coming your way.

11/13 Carnival Glory!

Imperial Majesty 1/2002
Carnival Destiny 5/2003

We're set to sail on the Glory on June 19th! We normally like to take a cruise yearly, but dh nearly lost his life in a bad car accident last year so we obviously didn't take one. We're going this month to celebrate life!

How exciting! I am glad there is a Glory thread finally. My fiance and I will be celebrating our honeymoon on Glory on Oct 30th and cannot wait. We will be with two other honeymoon'ing couples and one celebrating an anniversary. Anyone else on the Oct 30th sailing??

Kristen
Triumph 10/01
Pride 11/02
Glory 10/04

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;16;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until I marry my Marine

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until our "Glory-ous" Honeymoon

<center>
<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/logos/time98.gif[/img]</center>

Archived