Carnival Glory: PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE. speak up!

mocka

I get to spend Christmas and New Years Eve on Glory. Should be quite a celebration. I've been on Triumph and Victory, so I should be able to get around fairly easily. I think the main difference is an extra passenger deck, and the specialty restaurant but the main public decks are pretty similar.

[quote name='cruise pup']I get to spend Christmas and New Years Eve on Glory. Should be quite a celebration. I've been on Triumph and Victory, so I should be able to get around fairly easily. I think the main difference is an extra passenger deck, and the specialty restaurant but the main public decks are pretty similar.[/QUOTE]

Hi! We will be on the Glory on 12/25 also. We were on the Spirit last year during X-mas and New Years. New Years was a blast....What a way to ring in the New Year.

carolinagirl621
I'll be on that cruise with you on the Glory 10/2 with 7 others! I have heard about the rocking as well, but am not worried since it's a big ship and had no problem on the others I have been on. Hope we can meet you and say Hi.

First post... but had to comment.....
My wife and I went on the 3rd or 4th cruise on the Glory last year. Matter of fact, we liked it so much.... we were there for 14 straight days (Got an awesome deal and planned it that way) All in all, I wouldn't do a back to back again. Too tough to meet new people midway. We met a great couple on the first half, and it was a bummer to not have them on the next half.

Anyhow, the ship.....
Seemed like a slightly bigger Spirit class ship to us after being on the Pride the previous year. (Joe at Cinnabar was from the Pride, so a familiar face!!) It was a very, very nice ship. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Then again, for two weeks, you tend to get attached to a ship.... it was great!
Food selection is good. Kind of passe to see the same shows twice.... as well as being able to sell what the next nights menu would be! However, seeing the Chocolate buffet twice was awesome!

The Grand Gala Buffet left something to be desired though. I felt that the one on the Jubilee was better (1st cruise, and small ship) since this buffet was on the Lido deck, and not the main dining room as it usually is. That was a disappointment.

Also, after being on RCL's Mariner of the Seas in December, Carnival needs to do a 24hr jacuzzi and pool. That is the best!!!!

Oh, and if you are a golfer and do the Exotic Western -- go to Caye Chapel! You will NEVER forget it. It's worth the extra coin. (Also, if Kate is still the golf pro.... get lessons.... :) :) :) ) On the Eastern side, the Golden Eagle catamaran in St. Maarten is the best. Also, buy any alcohol and electronics in St. Maarten. The prices there are the best in the Caribbean!

We have been on 7 cruises in 3 years now... and are planning a new one for December... the Legend vs. Conquest debate will be for another post.

---------------------
Jubilee 2/01
Fantasy 12/01
Millenium 10/02
Pride 12/02
Glory 9/03
Glory 9/03 (E/W B2B)
Mariner of the Seas 12/03

Hi everyone!!!

I just got back home from the Glory Western cruise. We left on Aug. 28th and returned on Sept 7th due to hurricane Frances.

I only have a few minutes to post so I will do a quick review.

Food was great......DEFINATELY do the Emerald room supper club. It was absolutely fabulous!!! We did it on the second formal night.

We had a balcony cabin on deck 9, Lido deck, all the way at the front of the boat. We were the 3rd cabin from the front on the port side. My only complaint is that we had a rowdy group of people in the cabin across and beside us. Several people including me had to call security to break up fights and arguing.

Entertainment was good except for two of the late night comedians. Once was Lewis Nixon but I can't remember the other guys name. I will have to check on that. Lewis Nixon was so awful that I just about fell asleep. I have a great sense of humor so I know a good comedian when I see one. The other two comedians were hilarious. I wish we could have seen them twice instead of the other two guys. Shows were great too. Boy can that girl sing!!! I agree with the other posters that the guy doesn't have that great of a voice.

We had two days of rough seas when they were trying to get us back to Port Canaveral. Thank goodness I had been taking my dramamine!!!! Some people were getting sick and that night at dinner, not that many people showed up to eat!

John Heald was sooooo funny!!!! We all loved him. He had some of the funniest jokes and one liners. He also did a great job of keeping us informed of the hurricane and when and where we would port. The sea bed in Port Canaveral was raised considerably so no ships can port there. It may take up to 3 weeks to dredge a new canal for the ships. That is why we ended up in Miami. Carnival did a great job of busing everyone to where they needed to go. We got off the ship and onto a bus around 11:30am then drove to Port Canaveral which took about 4 1/2 hours. Once we got in our car we were headed home.

We didn't have to pay anything extra for parking or TIPS!!!! After talking to the crew, we still didn't know if they were going to get paid for those extra days of taking care of us. We ended up tipping pretty well since we received such good service from Christopher, our steward, and Dax and Jose, our waiters.

All in all we had a great time. That is it for now. I will check back later when I have more time. I have a TON of laundry to catch up on.

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them! :p

It's amazing how much turnover there is even among the higher cruise staff!

When we cruised this last Sept. Greg Kneale was the CD.

Great ship, but my only complaint is that the ship cruises at 21kts vs. 22kts for the Spirit class ships. That doesn't seem like much, but you lose quite a bit of port time due to that. That is the only disappointment I have!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Lori334']Hi! We will be on the Glory on 12/25 also. We were on the Spirit last year during X-mas and New Years. New Years was a blast....What a way to ring in the New Year.[/QUOTE]

I'll be there on 12/25 too! We were on the Glory in April and we enjoyed it enough to go back again for X-mas/New Year. See you all aboard.

My fiancee and I just returned from a cruise on the Glory. What a blast! This was my 6th Carnival Cruise, my fiancee's first. While I've never been a huge fan of Carnival's food, there is plenty to choose from, and, being a Conquest class ship, Glory offers a supper club for the more sophisticated taste. For $25 per person (plus gratuity), you can eat gourmet, in a quiet romantic setting. Nice to get away from the mobs in the dining room.

We loved the ports of call (Eastern run), and luckily the weather was gorgeous (no hurricane problems). Go to the FRENCH side of St. Maarten... the beaches are lovely and the traffic is less.

The point I cannot stress enough is how fabulous the entertainment is on the Glory. Headed by the cruise director, John Heald. He is hilarious, smooth, articulate. Comedian Percy Crews was awesome. The musicians in the lounges and the shows were extraordinarily good. The piano bar (Cinn-a-bar) was our favorite. Ron Pass, the entertainer, is not to be missed. He sings, plays, jokes around (flirts with the ladies!) and basically just throws a party in there while we all drink and sing along. Good time! He definitely made the cruise for us.

I know from cruising a lot that your experience can vary according to so many things... time of year, port of departure, length of cruise, etc. But over all, you should have a great time on the Glory. If you don't, then you need to loosen up a bit more!

Hope this helps.

[quote name='iluvcruises']Hi,
It is nice to read all these post about the Glory. My husband and I will be sailing on the Glory Nov 6, 04. Anyone else sailing on this date![/QUOTE]
I will be! Looking very forward to it-!!!!

OK...I just got back two weeks ago and I have been playing Lotto ever since because I have been bitten BIG TIME by the cruisen' bug. I can't stand it. I HAVE to go again, I a ma going to try to save (throwing my change in my coffe can) and go afer xmas or after Valentines day. I would love to ring in the new year on the Glory, it's a great ship with a woderful crew, but I don't think I can fill my coffee can that quick as I am sending Granma on a cruise....(without me:( )

[i][size=3][color=royalblue]Hi everyone: I am going to be on the [color=red]Glory [/color][color=royalblue]October 30th. I am wanting to know if there is anyone who will also be on the ship then. This is my first cruise!!!!! I am happy to have read some of the post on here and that you enjoyed the ship. I would like to know if there is any post on what's best to do on the ship, what did you like doing the most.[/color][/color][/size][/i]
[i][size=3][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/i]
:D [i][size=3][color=#4169e1]pinkbumble[/color][/size][/i]

Archived