P&O upgrade me offer

Hi Guys,

Got a P&O upgrade me offer, has anyone put an offer in and recieved a exellent upgrade? 

We did put in to upgrade to Penthouse, Owners or Gramd for $1500 per person, only strong on Penthouse but never Know..

4 hours ago, SuitesRbest said:

Hi Guys,

Got a P&O upgrade me offer, has anyone put an offer in and recieved a exellent upgrade? 

We did put in to upgrade to Penthouse, Owners or Gramd for $1500 per person, only strong on Penthouse but never Know..

Good luck, hope you get it.

My best upgrade was the one I didn’t ask for. 
I had a guarantee booking and didn’t receive my cabin number until I was on the wharf.  As I used to book inside cabins then I had no idea of different cabin levels,  However we were beyond excited at our big cabin with huge deck with loungers.  
Good Luck!

• Like 2

I received my first P&O upgrade me email this morning for a cruise at the end of May.

I recently put in one for a Princess cruise and the needle indicated it was a weak bid and I ended up getting the upgrade, so you never know.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2023 at 2:24 PM, By The Bay said:

They haven't offered me the option for our upcoming cruise in August, yet.🙏

They won't come online until after final payment.

These appear to be a lot like Princess, where you can bid on any cabin type above what you have booked, available for bidding whether or not there are any of those cabins available to be won.

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

These appear to be a lot like Princess, where you can bid on any cabin type above what you have booked, available for bidding whether or not there are any of those cabins available to be won.

That makes sense.👍

15 hours ago, arxcards said:

It is a slightly bonkers system.  When I booked my June cruise, all mini-suites and suites were shown as fully booked so I was slightly bemused to be offered to bid for an upgrade to a non-existent room.  I guess they could use them for late cancellations but it does seem a bit clumsy.  The airlines upgrade system is more sophisticated in that it targets specific passengers and only really offers seats that are likely to become available though the airline system has meant it is now even harder to get an upgrade using points.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, reeves35 said:

It is a slightly bonkers system.  When I booked my June cruise, all mini-suites and suites were shown as fully booked so I was slightly bemused to be offered to bid for an upgrade to a non-existent room.  I guess they could use them for late cancellations but it does seem a bit clumsy.  The airlines upgrade system is more sophisticated in that it targets specific passengers and only really offers seats that are likely to become available though the airline system has meant it is now even harder to get an upgrade using points.

Indeed. Bonkers it is, and Princess has been the same where suites and club-class minis sell out fast too.

I guess at their end, they only have to do anything should there be an empty cabin or a late cancellation, and best bid is on file ready to go.  It is really clumsy to have 100's of passengers making an effort to complete a bid for what might not be available though, and I am sure they are creating a log detailing what bids are seen as worthwhile from bidding passengers. And like the airlines, the odds of a complimentary upgrade to balcony or above has gone out the window.

On 5/1/2023 at 3:52 PM, reeves35 said:

Had a look today, there is BYRON BAY suites available IF you book 4 pax!?

• Like 1