Dining Days Incorrect on HAL website

I’m on a 9/2-9/9 sailing and have been booking specialty dining.  There were no options for the first night which was surprising and disappointing but if they weren’t opening the restaurants, nothing to be done.   But when I looked for more reservations, I see I can book dinner for disembarkation day.   They have the whole week off by a day.  

Reservations  are available for Sept 3-9 instead of Sept 2-8.  I called HAL.  The agent saw the same thing and took it to whoever was in charge. That person said it’s right.  So, I can book a meal 12 hours after I’ve left the ship.  

I guess I’m hoping someone from HAL sees this. There is zero chance just a customer can get the word through. 

(and do they not open restaurants on embarkation day if we are overnight in port?  That could be the answer on the front end but doesn’t explain booking the night after we have gone home)

I would recommend that you just be patient. They should have this fixed eventually.

I'm on a sailing in September. One day reservations became available for only one restaurant and only three nights out of seven. The next day, reservations became available at all resturants, but only four nights out of seven. I called customer service who told me that I should keep trying, maybe something will open up, or I can book once I am on board. Um, really half the nights suddenly booked up and half the nights have no reservations?

So when I called Dining Services, the agent there told me they are installing new computer programs, as they  migrate one system to the next, they are only opening up blocks of new reservations to avoid errors, such as cancelling existing reservations or overbooking restaurants. Sure enough, two days later all restaurants were available all days. 

Today, I can't even log in to the Manage My Booking. So who knows? If they are updating their systems, it's best to be patient. Hopefully they'll get it together. It still beats eating at home. But they really should do a better job informing the customers as to what is happening. 

11 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

Does HAL let you make regular dining room reservations before you get on the ship? Main dining?

Yes, under "Complimentary Dining" but not sure how far ahead of ones cruise this opens up. Someone here will know though!. We are booked for this coming December and cannot use this yet.

3 hours ago, gizmodog said:

Does HAL let you make regular dining room reservations before you get on the ship? Main dining?

This was true for a few months about a year ago. Now you must wait until onboard to make MDR reservations if you have Anytime Dining.