Military OBC?

hmorrow

3 hours ago, hmorrow said:

no need to reply. I’d turn off comments, if I could, but I don’t have that option.🤷🏼‍♀️

There is  an ignore feature on CC  or just scroll past the message if you do not want to use it

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hmorrow said:

Geesh, harters

sorry I asked 

it was a valid question, and lots of lines offer it.

personally, I think your reply was borderline rude.

I’m not going to tell you or anyone what you should be offended by or not.  However, I agree with Mr. Harters that, in some ways it is problematic for a cruise line to offer benefits to military personnel/veterans from just one country, especially when their intended customer base is not just limited to one country.  This is also complicated by the fact that almost all of the “US” cruise ships do not even carry the US flag.  I don’t think there is a perfect solution for this.

Also, many of us, either in the US or elswhere, “serve” our country, even if we don’t serve in any of the branches of the military.

But I personally thank Mr. Harters for raising a valid point, though, technically, it was not an answer to your question.

Furthermore, I don’t think anybody said your question is not valid.

• Like 1

Serve.  I get it and after working in social services for 20 years could maybe make that call. Yup worked in public service.  But my time in uniform was without limit as to hours worked, what I could eat, where I would go and what I would do.  Didn't go home to my own bed, eat with my family and was on the hook for deployment anywhere. And I couldn't just quit, like I could from chasing deadbeat parents who cared nothing for their children. Oddly, that job took More from my soul than military service.  And being a good citizen who pays taxes and supports society IS important. 

But it never left me with the face of a young soldier who got hit, or the sergeant who took the easy way out from his pain. Or my team sergeant crippled from a training accident. Or families broken from the strain. Or this loud ringing in the ears that never stops and a back aged too early.  

I'm ok with no OBC or recognition, but don't diminish what others do without knowing the path they walk. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1