Celebrity newbie…how is the Eclipse?

atakkat

Hi all. I am new to Celebrity and have mainly sailed Royal and Carnival. We are contemplating a family cruise in December 2024. I am apprehensive about sailing on the Eclipse given her age. Also, I have heard the food is not as good as pre COVID. Please share your thoughts. Thank you all.

I would agree the food was hit or miss on our March-April B2B out of Sydney. The second leg of the cruise Covid did show up on board during our last 4 days of our cruise. We were not in a suite or aqua class, so we ate in the MDR, OVC. We have cruise Celebrity many times before Covid, and things have change, but I think all cruise lines are not back to pre-covid conditions, and I never expect them to be. Our cabin 1011 was in very good shape. The ship itself is very clean, but furniture is starting to show wear. Last fall we did a quick cruise on RCL. Food was close to the same.

We boarded the Eclipse on March 10 for a B2B2B2B series.  Our last two legs were the B2B pair which @Azllama was on.  We were on the Eclipse pre-covid on a B2B2B from Buenos Aires to Vancouver in 2019 and were also on her in post-covid in April 2022.

While the decor is becoming dated the ship is in great condition.  Were in Suites and Luminae was excellent.  Staff and crew are great.  We did not have issues with the meals.  Nor did we have issues with the age of the ship.

• Like 1

Same here.  We are considering the Eclipse in 2024 and perhaps an Aqua cabin for Blu.  We felt that the quality on Carnival has slipped a bit since Covid like most things.  However, we usually have had dinner in the upcharge restaurants on Vista.    

The Eclipse was our introduction into Celebrity. We sailed on her summer 2022 to Alaska. Our family of 3 thought the ship was beautiful. The food was better than Disney cruise lines, imo. Did my second cruise just last week on the Solstice, which is almost identical to the Eclipse. Looked great, didn't notice anything worn or dull. The food was even better this cruise than our first cruise with X. I know food quality depends on the chefs, but I'm going to keep coming back because of my great experiences. I also like the smaller ships because it doesn't feel overcrowded. Happy sailing!

*edited year sailed

Edited by Cinder22

13 hours ago, atakkat said:

Hi all. I am new to Celebrity and have mainly sailed Royal and Carnival. We are contemplating a family cruise in December 2024. I am apprehensive about sailing on the Eclipse given her age. Also, I have heard the food is not as good as pre COVID. Please share your thoughts. Thank you all.

Book it and decide for yourself.  We wouldn't let others experiences or opinions positive or negative nfluence our decision.