Meraviglia Crew Stairway?

Good Karma

33 minutes ago, Good Karma said:

Is it possible to access the crew stairway?  We are staying on Deck 14 Aft and it looks like this stairway is most convenient to go up one flight to the buffet on Deck 15. 

I think if you just use the stairs in the public area by rooms 14193/91, you would be fine, you still have to go a bit more toward midship to be in the actual buffet area.

39 minutes ago, Good Karma said:

Is it possible to access the crew stairway?  We are staying on Deck 14 Aft and it looks like this stairway is most convenient to go up one flight to the buffet on Deck 15. 

Walk to end of hallway and on each side (sort of around corner) there is a doorway that leads you to outside stairway that takes you to deck 15.

19 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Walk to end of hallway and on each side (sort of around corner) there is a doorway that leads you to outside stairway that takes you to deck 15.

Thanks, that's good news.  I've been searching and I wonder why I can't find any mention of this outside stairway.  Does it go to all floors?

3 minutes ago, Good Karma said:

Thanks, that's good news.  I've been searching and I wonder why I can't find any mention of this outside stairway.  Does it go to all floors?

All floors? I do not believe so. Google “MSC Meraviglia deck plans” and look at Deck 14 and you will see staircase. Seldom used, very nice views as it is outside, you may come across a crew member taking a break out there. 

Even if allowed to access the crew area/stairs, crew stairs are steeper than normal stairs on a cruise ship. Well for NCL,Royal and Carnival that I have been on ship tours and used them they are. If you have mobility issues but can do normal stairs and were allowed to use crew stairs it may not be a solution because of that but my money is on you would not be allowed to use the stairs. 

On 5/4/2023 at 10:48 AM, rebeccac said:

While I can't say for certain, I would be shocked if you were permitted to access crew areas.  

I *CAN* say for certain, No you cannot.