Earliest LAX flight?

sato

Our ship (Emerald Princess) arrives at 6:15 am in Los Angeles on a Monday for disembarkation. Our flight options out of LAX are 1:25pm, 4:30pm, and 9:30pm. Is 1:25pm too early? I know Los Angeles traffic is worse on weekdays.

We have TSA Precheck and the 1:25pm flight is out of Terminal 5 (JetBlue). The 4:30pm flight is Terminal 7 (United) and a bit more expensive.

Also, should we take Uber or use the shuttle Princess provides?

On 5/4/2023 at 7:56 AM, sato said:

Our ship (Emerald Princess) arrives at 6:15 am in Los Angeles on a Monday for disembarkation. Our flight options out of LAX are 1:25pm, 4:30pm, and 9:30pm. Is 1:25pm too early? I know Los Angeles traffic is worse on weekdays.

We have TSA Precheck and the 1:25pm flight is out of Terminal 5 (JetBlue). The 4:30pm flight is Terminal 7 (United) and a bit more expensive.

Also, should we take Uber or use the shuttle Princess provides?

I would Uber.  Shuttle busses usually wait until they have a full load and drop folks off at different departure points. That can add travel time.  Uber is pretty much door to door ( well, now its pick up to drop off to shuttle to departure gate).

You'll be fine with the 1:25 pm flight.  However, definitely take an Uber/Lyft so you're in control of timing versus waiting for a Princess shuttle to fill up, pick up other passengers, etc.

8 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I would Uber.  Shuttle busses usually wait until they have a full load and drop folks off at different departure points. That can add travel time.  Uber is pretty much door to door ( well, now its pick up to drop off to shuttle to departure gate).

Uber don't go to the terminal door for drop off at LAX? 

1 hour ago, mattR said:

Yes, Uber goes to the terminal curbside for drop off at LAX. It is only pick-up that uses a central lot, along with the taxis.

14 hours ago, mattR said:

My bad, as stated, Ride Share lot is for pick ups.  Drop off is still at terminal.  It's been a very long time since Ive flown LAX, but did read the story about the ridehsare lots.  Just got confused.  Sorry

1 hour ago, 9tee2Sea said:

It's been a very long time since Ive flown LAX....

And I don't blame you. I use BUR, LGB and SNA when I can. I've even flown to SFO for international flights because LAX has the least friendly, helpful customs and immigration people I've ever encountered in the U.S.

23 hours ago, scottca075 said:

And I don't blame you. I use BUR, LGB and SNA when I can. I've even flown to SFO for international flights because LAX has the least friendly, helpful customs and immigration people I've ever encountered in the U.S.

I too mostly use Burbank Airport.  MetroLink to Burbank Airport, walk to terminal.  

No need for a car ( love it). I only use LAX for international travel.  

• Like 1