Specialty dining

worldlady

2 hours ago, honeyb2 said:

Quick question....we have a 12 day Panama Canal cruise booked with HIA. We made a reservation for Pinnacle Grill then got the bad news that we can't have 2 PG nights. The only restaurant offered online for our 2nd night is Tamarind. My husband would eat there but I don't eat any kind of asian food and don't want to sit there watching him eat. What can we do about this situation? TIA

We have eaten Tamarind on our last 4 cruises, I don't like seafood or Asian, but was not disappointed.  The server even made hubby something that wasn't on menu.  The tenderloin was very good & as already stated , they can omit the wasabi.  Our server was very good about making sure the spice level was to our liking too.  Personally, we prefer Tamarind over Pinnacle, due to service.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of your help. I have already looked at the menu and hoped I would find something to substitute that I could eat. The idea that there are no appetizers, sides or desserts I would eat with a dressed down steak isn’t very appealing. I am hoping somehow we can substitute Cannelletto which we would both like.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, honeyb2 said:

Thanks for all of your help. I have already looked at the menu and hoped I would find something to substitute that I could eat. The idea that there are no appetizers, sides or desserts I would eat with a dressed down steak isn’t very appealing. I am hoping somehow we can substitute Cannelletto which we would both like.

I would just grab something from the Lido and bring it with you to the Tamarind.

9 hours ago, honeyb2 said:

I am hoping somehow we can substitute Cannelletto which we would both like.

Since the charge for Canaletto is less than Tamarind or Pinnacle Grill, why not ask on board if you can switch?  Won't hurt and I'm guessing that they will say OK.

~Nancy

10 hours ago, Banditswife said:

Oh darn, we're booked on a couple of longish Zaandam cruises & I was hoping for a Tamarind pop up.  I wouldn't care if it was Canaletto or Pinnacle.  We have the HIA, so a variety on a longer cruise would be nice.

Things are changing constantly around the HAL fleet these days so you never know what is going to happen in the future on your cruises!!  You might get what you are hoping for!

~Nancy

• Like 1

17 hours ago, honeyb2 said:

Quick question....we have a 12 day Panama Canal cruise booked with HIA. We made a reservation for Pinnacle Grill then got the bad news that we can't have 2 PG nights. The only restaurant offered online for our 2nd night is Tamarind. My husband would eat there but I don't eat any kind of asian food and don't want to sit there watching him eat. What can we do about this situation? TIA

You should be able to use your second HIA credit for Canaletto.