Whisper: May 3 to June 2

zqtchas

Tonight we had a nice surprise. We have been complaining about the faulty pistachio ice cream and tonight was surprised with the restored original pistachio recipe taste. Even the Perrier water has been replenished. Life is good! Even the food and service was wonderful. Unfortunately the weather has not gone along with the program. The restaurant manager Bhorat Sharma has been spectacular in taking care of our needs.

Also I might add we have finally seen others on board older than us. As much as we complain about SS it seems in the end they really have treeted  us pretty good over the years.

Edited by zqtchas
PS: Although I must add it did take a bit of nagging on my part.
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Tonight we had a nice surprise. We have been complaining about the faulty pistachio ice cream and tonight was surprised with the restored original pistachio recipe taste. Even the Perrier water has been replenished. Life is good! Even the food and service was wonderful. Unfortunately the weather has not gone along with the program. The restaurant manager Bhorat Sharma has been spectacular in taking care of our needs.

Also I might add we have finally seen others on board older than us. As much as we complain about SS it seems in the end they really have treeted  us pretty good over the years.

Did you find out what was the secret missing ingredient in the Pistachio ice cream?  And why it was so hard to replenish?  [Pistachio is one of my favorites, so I hope they will still be making it properly when we're on in January.]

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Did you find out what was the secret missing ingredient in the Pistachio ice cream?  And why it was so hard to replenish?  [Pistachio is one of my favorites, so I hope they will still be making it properly when we're on in January.]

No, it was in the restaurant and came as a surprise. Too much going on to think fast enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Food and service have improved since new HD and FB arrived. 
Still cold, windy and rocky. Sun trying to break through. 

Thinking back on our Moon cruise when Paolo arrived as HD the food,service and dress code enforcement all improved.

• Like 1

Our restaurant manger was always good at enforcing the dress code.

This voyage has had a lot of experienced staff come on board. Many of them we

have met from before. The HD had his assignment changed   to this ship with just 3 days notice.
Will have to leave the ship at 7:30AM to catch the train to the Anchorage convention center for holding.Then catch a shuttle bus for a 15 minute ride to the airport.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 9:48 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Tonight I found out the missing ingredient was, but ……….. I will have to kill you if I tell you. 😀

• Haha 4

At the last dinner there were quite a few wait staff etc stopping by and lingering  to say bye.

They didn't seem to be previous SS  experienced personnel .  It seemed they were not aware that this was a no tipping cruise. Even the wine sommelier, who had nothing to do with us the whole time, was chatty.

So we took the 4:30hr train ride to Anchorage. 

cont.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, zqtchas said:

At the last dinner there were quite a few wait staff etc stopping by and lingering  to say bye.

They didn't seem to be previous SS  experienced personnel .  It seemed they were not aware that this was a no tipping cruise. Even the wine sommelier, who had nothing to do with us the whole time, was chatty.

So we took the 4:30hr train ride to Anchorage. 

cont.

Perhaps they were ex Princess crew.