Difference between Balcony & Club Balcony Suite

shobs

The other thing to mention is the deck placement.  From what I have seen, 9th deck and below has shower/tub combos while 10th deck and above has just a shower.  So the tub would obviously have a higher barrier to step into to take a shower while the shower floor only has a 2" or 3" to get into the shower.  I also believe the shower only has more jets.  Best to look at videos for your ship online with reviews.

On 5/7/2023 at 2:01 PM, BirdTravels said:

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Distinctive Purple Keycard
  • Pre-book onboard dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Pre-book entertainment as early as 21 days prior to sailing
  • 1 complimentary bag of laundry
  • 1 bottle of sparkling wine upon embarkation
  • Treats delivered to your stateroom twice per week.
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens and pillows
  • Lemongrass bathroom products

ok i have sailed a club balcony suite once and got basically none of these.....including the purple card.

11 minutes ago, MSUjohn said:

ok i have sailed a club balcony suite once and got basically none of these.....including the purple card.

Just got off the Encore yesterday and we received everything mentioned above with our club balcony suite.  How long ago was your cruise?

26 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Just got off the Encore yesterday and we received everything mentioned above with our club balcony suite.  How long ago was your cruise?

was called a club balcony suite onboard.

Capture.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

The difference is in the size of the bathroom. The room size is essentially the same. In the club balcony, you get a double sink (that only one person can stand in front of) and a full size shower versus transporter tube. For us, we always book club balconies on the bigger ships for the size of the shower. As we have gotten older and less mobile, the extra space in the shower is worth the price. 

For you, the extra cost may not be work the difference. 

The balconies on the Breakaway are very tiny. 

i book a handicap club balcony suite on my january 2025 cruise because my father. now learning that the cabins are the same and the only difference is the bathroom...which with a handicap room makes zero difference:

did i waste my money?

11 hours ago, MSUjohn said:

i book a handicap club balcony suite on my january 2025 cruise because my father. now learning that the cabins are the same and the only difference is the bathroom...which with a handicap room makes zero difference:

did i waste my money?

You do get a few extra perks...

Club Balcony Suites provide additional amenities and privileges at no additional cost. Amenities include the option to pre-book onboard entertainment as early as 21 days and dining as early as 125 days prior to sail date, complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom, a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, and a choice of one valet laundry or pressing service.

5 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

You do get a few extra perks...

Club Balcony Suites provide additional amenities and privileges at no additional cost. Amenities include the option to pre-book onboard entertainment as early as 21 days and dining as early as 125 days prior to sail date, complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom, a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, and a choice of one valet laundry or pressing service.

so it was a waste of money then.
*you forgot the purple card.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Heh. You had it right the first time. Don't forget the big bathroom. And the purple card seems to have gone the way of hashbrowns.

really?
i thought "then" was sequence and "than" was "value". now you are seeing why i went for the geology degree lol. 

the thing with the bathroom, i booked a handicap cabin because of my father. the handicap bathroom in a club balcony suite and a balcony cabin are probably identical due to physical layout requirements.

the purple keycard would have looked great in my keycard collection.
(yes i save them and put them in baseball card sleeves) 

Capture.JPG

Edited by MSUjohn

The difference is in the size of the bathroom. The room size is essentially the same. In the club balcony, you get a double sink (that only one person can stand in front of) and a full size shower versus transporter tube. For us, we always book club balconies on the bigger ships for the size of the shower. As we have gotten older and less mobile, the extra space in the shower is worth the price. 

For you, the extra cost may not be work the difference. 

The balconies on the Breakaway are very tiny. 

Would you still get these amenities if you bid and won an upgrade for a club balcony suite?

6 minutes ago, MSUjohn said:

really?
i thought "then" was sequence and "than" was "value". now you are seeing why i went for the geology degree lol. 

Whenever in doubt, I just re-word the sentence, "So, then it was a waste of money". 😀

8 minutes ago, arochon1 said:

Would you still get these amenities if you bid and won an upgrade for a club balcony suite?

Yes.