Brining protein shakes on board

6 hours ago, Clovis8 said:

I know Royal allows water, pop and wine to be brought on board in limited quantities. Will they allow protein shakes in tetrapacks?

I brought a four-pack of Muscle Milk in my carry-on this past February without any issue.

Teddie

• Like 1

Because of stomach surgery, I've had, I'm required to have XX amount of protein a day.  To achieve that I have to supplement my diet.  I've been on two cruises where I've brought my own protein, one was a powder and the other a 15-pack of Premier, by far my favorite.  It wasn't a problem.  I had a doctor's not just in case, I didn't need it. 

You may have to check on this but I think I read on another cruise social media site that if you contact RCCL and their special needs desk, they will provide protein drinks.  I just really like what I'm used to and prefer to bring my own. And I prefer Whey Protein and I'm not sure they would take special requests for Whey.

12 hours ago, Clovis8 said:

I know Royal allows water, pop and wine to be brought on board in limited quantities. Will they allow protein shakes in tetrapacks?

We tried 1x.  Got confiscated on the Adventure in 2021.  Husband uses powder now sealed.

• Like 1

Adding a few thoughts:  

- The Vitality Cafe serves smoothies and juices, and protein shakes are an option.  Buying individually, they'd be more expensive than bringing on your own ... but they are included in the Deluxe Beverage Package and the Refreshment Package.  

- I have filled out the Special Needs form (not recently, hope my memory is correct), and they do ask if you need protein shakes.  They specified a brand (can't remember) and I think they offered only vanilla, but I don't think any additional charge was involved.  

• Like 1