Cruise sea pass card and credit card

Robinnnnn

Can someone please explain how this entire process works so I can better understand this and explain to my fellow party members?  I thought you got your card at port had to activate it at the kiosk with a CC and then you are good to go ! I am so confused!

You will get your cruise cards at port checkin. The cards are ‘active’ when you get them. They get you on the ship, into your cabin and charge against your onboard account with them. In order to assign a credit card against your shipboard account you have options. You can register a credit card on your booking during the online checkin process. Some have experienced difficulty in doing this due to unfortunately notorious MSC website issues. You also have the option of registering your credit card once you board. MSC cruise ships have credit card kiosks in public areas of the ship. The process is very straightforward as the kiosk walks you through. You have the ability to select which persons in your cabin may charge against that credit card. Every person in a cabin can register their own card. You can also register your card against other cabins. 

Edited by kelleherdl

2 minutes ago, jame_g said:

If you are on a ship with the MSC for Me app, you can also use the app once onboard to register your credit card.

How come the app refuses to work off the ship regarding this?

The app is currently designed to only work while you are actually on a cruise aboard a ship that supports it. It's designed for your cruise experience (shows, menus, excursions, onboard services, etc.) not for cruise booking and planning.

5 minutes ago, jame_g said:

The app is currently designed to only work while you are actually on a cruise aboard a ship that supports it. It's designed for your cruise experience (shows, menus, excursions, onboard services, etc.) not for cruise booking and planning.

This is great information!! Thank you!

I had read that some people who registered their credit cards online during the web check-in had issues once onboard. However, on my two recent sailings on the Meraviglia, I went to the kiosks on embarkation day to double-check and all was as I expected. I did help an older gentleman register his card through the kiosk and it was very straight forward. Just had to choose a language, tap your keycard, select the passenger, and then swipe/tap your credit card.

• Like 1