Bug spray

janpa70

While I recognize that some folks are more bothered by mosquitos than I am, my answer is probably not.  If you are concerned almost all manufacturers of bug spray offer a moistened individually wrapped towelette version of their product.  So much more convenient than a spray application and a real space saver too.  No concerns regarding leakage.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, eileeshb said:

you can also get repellent wrist/ankle-bands if you're allergic to deet. 

Picardin works just as well as DEET and doesn't have the issues of DEET - it's non-greasy, doesn't smell (to humans at least) and doesn't damage plastics. 

Back to the original question, I brought bug repellent when I went to Alaska in May and in August but didn't need it either trip. It is nice to have along if you do need it. Picardin repellent is available in small TSA carry-on size bottles and one of those has always been more than enough for a trip for me.

I am on the mosquito "best food" list. Have been from Barrow to Juneau including hiking in Denali.  Never have had to use bug spray. If you find you need it, buy at your first port. Much easier that way!

• Like 1