Beyond Dining Time

island visitor

We have booked a cruised in January on the Beyond.  At the time of our booking the only available dining time is 8:30.  We do not like eating that late and always do early dining.  I know it’s different on every cruise but what do you think our chances are of getting our time changed to early or anytime dining?

The booking system  shows the option for fixed early or late seating, however the Edge class don’t have early or late seatings it is all anytime dining.  The other ships which have just one MDR still have fixed early or late dining. 

13 hours ago, island visitor said:

We have booked a cruised in January on the Beyond.  At the time of our booking the only available dining time is 8:30.  We do not like eating that late and always do early dining.  I know it’s different on every cruise but what do you think our chances are of getting our time changed to early or anytime dining?

I would suggest that if you want to dine early, show up when one of the MDR opens or shortly thereafter.  We arrived at 6:30 and were told to come back in one hour as it was full   But then again, our cruise ship was nearly sold out.  There are no early or late seatings.

We are sailing on Apex in November.  As you were, we were scheduled for 8:30 dining, the only available at the time we booked.  I was playing around on my computer over the weekend and noticed that you could book a new reservation with any time dining.  I called and got us moved! 

7 hours ago, med2cruise said:

We are sailing on Apex in November.  As you were, we were scheduled for 8:30 dining, the only available at the time we booked.  I was playing around on my computer over the weekend and noticed that you could book a new reservation with any time dining.  I called and got us moved! 

I spoke with our TA today and it seems that the anytime dining is available now.  Much better than 8:30.

On 5/13/2023 at 9:42 AM, hrhdhd said:

100%. There is no fixed dining on the Edge-class ships. The website is incorrect.

Just show up at one of the four MDRs when you are ready to dine.

NCL started this type of dining in the main dining rooms. They called it "Freestyle Dining". Seems all the cruise lines have followed what NCL started in one way or another.

It is true.....Beyond does not have early or late seating. Show up at any one of their four main dining rooms when ever you like, during time when the dining rooms are open of course.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, island visitor said:

I spoke with our TA today and it seems that the anytime dining is available now.  Much better than 8:30.

Tell your TA it's all anytime on the Edge-class ships. 🙃

• Like 2