Suggestions on transfer from Port of Southampton to Heathrow with mini London tour along the way?

We will be disembarking the Norwegian Dawn on Saturday, October 14 and have a 4:00PM flight out of Heathrow back to Barcelona. We would like to book a transfer from the port (guessing we'd be able to be off the ship around 9:00AM or before) to Heathrow, but with a mini tour of some of the London sights along the way and arriving at Heathrow around 1:00PM.  Does anyone have any recommendations on services that do this for a somewhat reasonable fee? 

1 hour ago, Vagabond Knight said:

... but with a mini tour of some of the London sights along the way and arriving at Heathrow around 1:00PM.

London is not "along the way" from Southampton (note spelling) to Heathrow. This idea is not feasible.

If you want to stop between Southampton and Heathrow, you could look at Winchester or Salisbury, or possibly even Stonehenge.

34 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

London is not "along the way" from Southampton (note spelling) to Heathrow.

I didn't mean "Along the way" as "in a straight line," but rather "between the time I leave Point A and arrive at Point B."  😁

2 hours ago, Vagabond Knight said:

Sorry about the misspelling of Southampton. I hate the way CC locks out edits after a short time.

If you click the 3 dots at the top right of the first post and report the post, you can ask the moderator to correct the title. 

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Suggestions on transfer from Port of Southampton to Heathrow with mini London tour along the way?

OK, we've got the spelling issue dealt with.  Now to OP's question:  we had a very good experience in 2021 with Mason & Green.  He [the owner!] picked us up at Heathrow and took us to Portsmouth [which is not your usual Heathrow transfer but the lecturer on our cruise was the head honcho of the trust that created the Mary Rose museum and we wanted to see it].  He was very reliable and friendly – we didn't ask for any sightseeing, but I have a feeling he would have been quite good at it.

https://masonandgreen.co.uk

6 hours ago, Vagabond Knight said:

I didn't mean "Along the way" as "in a straight line," but rather "between the time I leave Point A and arrive at Point B."  😁

It's not feasible because from Southampton, you'd basically drive past Heathrow and then for a further hour into London before driving half-way back to Southampton (from a time point of view). Between 9 am and 1 pm, you simply don't have the time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Globaliser said:

It's not feasible because from Southampton, you'd basically drive past Heathrow and then for a further hour into London before driving half-way back to Southampton (from a time point of view). Between 9 am and 1 pm, you simply don't have the time.

OK, thanks!

18 hours ago, Vagabond Knight said:

Altho it would cost, if you want make use of your excess time get quotes for a private transfer via a stop at

- Winchester. and its historic cathedral. Near Southampton & only 5 minutes off-route.

- or Stonehenge. Adds about 25 miles to the journey. But post again if interested for advice about the advance ticket terms.

- or Windsor and its Castle. Only 10 miles & 25 mins from Heathrow, so you'd have more time there because you won't need such a big time-window to allow for hold-ups en route to the airport. It's the one I'd choose.

The cost of a simple ship to Heathrow transfer is around £140 - £150  Most of the extra cost of one of those stops will be the driver's waiting time

JB 🙂

• Like 1