Embarkation Times for Concierge Class

cjwags

Hoping someone can help here.  Everything we have read on Oceania and here on CC say priority embarkation for concierge class is at noon. We are booked in an A1 Concierge Verandah. The web site says noon embarkation.  Our official documents say 1:00 pm.

We are trying to finalize our driver and would like to know which time to plan for.  I am guessing 1:00, but if it can be earlier, then even better. We will be leaving on Vista from Civitavecchia on 25 June.  We have a private driver from Amalfi Coast that morning (I know long drive!) and need to plan for our departure.  While I know we can always arrive later, we'd like to board as soon as we are able.  If we get there early, I am guessing we will be waiting a bit.  

• Like 1

We were on the Riviera a month ago and departed from Civitavecchia. We were in a Penthouse Suite. We arrived at the port about noon with very few people there. At this point we realized we were on a very different cruise line.  There are no lines or waiting. 

You may not be able to get into your cabin if you arrive early but looked like to me you should be able to get on the ship at any time, within reason.

• Like 1

You may  be allowed onboard but your cabin may not be ready

In Miami  they used to make people wait outside until their  boarding time 

Most ports we go a bit later & get on  with no line ups

• Like 1

I was last onboard in September at a US port so things may be different now or in that location. The 1 pm you are seeing is the regular embarkation time which means the earliest boarding is probably 11 am. You will know when you do online checking 21(?) days before embarkation. When you check-in online, you will get to choose your boarding time. In September, there was no priority time yet (this was a COVID adaptation when priority times disappeared...hopefully they will return since it is a perk), but there were separate check in lines at that particular port (can't remember if the cut-off was A or PH and they may not exist at some ports).

Our early check in for our June Vista cruise starts next week so will know then if any changes have occurred. However, for our Feb Marina cruise, and prior October cruise, they had eliminated all priority check in times by cabin category. 

When online check in begins, merely go to your account and select your desired check in time. From comments from fellow passengers, they all seemed to get whatever time they desired, even the opening 11:00 slot. We’ll be sightseeing in Istanbul, so will probably take the 3:00 time slot. We have 14 days to explore and eat aboard the ship, so no rush,  and prefer missing boardamania.