April or October?

MillbrookMom

45 minutes ago, MillbrookMom said:

I see most 1 way cruises run in April or October and wondering which month is best?  

Weather wise it doesn't make a huge difference between April or October-- temperatures are on average similar and both months are on the front or back end of the wet season.

If you want a chance of seeing whales in Maui then book the April trip-- October is typically too early but there will still be stragglers in April. 

• Like 3

We’ve done both directions, discovered after the most recent cruise that we like HI to Vancouver. It was nice to have a few days on Oahu pre cruise, followed by activities on the other islands then 5 relaxing sea days. We had a port side cabin and enjoyed beautiful sunsets and enjoyed some afternoons relaxing on the balcony.

• Like 2

We just did Honolulu to Hawaii and I'm really glad we did because we needed those sea days at the end to recover from a port intensive start to the trip (especially since we stayed a few extra days ahead of time in Hawaii).  Coming from the central time zone, I also thought we transitioned really well this way.  We were up early to enjoy the best of Hawaii (although tired later in the evening that first day or two) and then only had two hours left to transition on the way home.  

• Like 1