Apex October 2024 - November 2024

Cayman1

TALKED TO CELEBRITY TODAY. THEY CONFIRMED THAT YESTERDAY (MAY 31) THEY ADVISED ALL TA TO TELL THEIR CUSTOMERS THAT:

THE APEX WILL NOT SAIL AS IT IS GOING INTO DRYDOCK.

THE SAID THAT IT MAY SAIL LATER IN THE MONTH FROM A DIFFERENT PORT BUT THERE IS NOTHING IN THEIR RECORDS AS TO FROM WHERE OR WHEN!

3 hours ago, ChicagoFP said:

Here's my take: this is not an Apex dry dock issue but simply a dock availability issue in Southampton. The communication from Celebrity states that "These sailings must unfortunately be redeployed to accommodate an earlier dry dock schedule. Due to this change in dock availability, we must cancel bookings and reaccommodate guests to alternate sailings."   

the Celebrity email also states that current passengers can rebook on the listed options including the November 9, Lisbon transatlantic before June 13,  Celebrity will most likely start new reservations for the November 9, 2024 cruise after the June 13 deadline.  

We were booked on the November 3 cruise and transferred our reservation yesterday to the November 9 sailing from Lisbon.  

I cannot find  an itinerary anywhere.  Do you have a heads up.  The only thing I see is that it is now 12 nights instead of 13

1 hour ago, nikel said:

I cannot find  an itinerary anywhere.  Do you have a heads up.  The only thing I see is that it is now 12 nights instead of 13

I too have been searching for the itinerary & ports as leaving from Southampton was a significant attraction to us for booking this transatlantic cruise.  It has been mentioned that Apex might be embarking from Lisbon, which if true will now eliminate Lisbon as a port from the original 13-night itinerary.  

We are also wondering how Celebrity will (or will not) adjust our original cruise fare considering the length of their cruise has been reduced by 7.7% (12 nights versus 13).  Their not so generous offer of $200 OBC for our mutual inconvenience for accepting a less attractive and lesser valued product as well adjusting our plans/schedules does not quite pass muster.  Is demand simply that strong that Celebrity doesn’t worry of the ill will fostered by these schedule changes?  

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

For those who have been getting info directly from Celebrity, is it confirmed that the Apex will only be in drydock for the short period between 10/23/24 and 11/9/24 when the TA is now scheduled? 

I am booked on the Apex departing Lisbon 11/9/24.

5 hours ago, Islander500 said:

For those who have been getting info directly from Celebrity, is it confirmed that the Apex will only be in drydock for the short period between 10/23/24 and 11/9/24 when the TA is now scheduled? 

The last cruise before drydock is October 12, 2024 and is 11 days, ending on October  23, 2024 in Southampton. 

The next cruise is the transatlantic departing from Lisbon, Portugal on November 9, 2024

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

The last cruise before drydock is October 12, 2024 and is 11 days, ending on October  23, 2024 in Southampton. 

The next cruise is the transatlantic departing from Lisbon, Portugal on November 9, 2024

mac_tlc

Do you happen to know where the drydock is taking place and what they are doing.  I hope one thing is something to the sunset bar to give it more shade like the Beyond has.

• Like 2