TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

For all the hype of changing Davids to Fahrenheit 555 all I see is them removing the David statute and MAYBE reupholstering the banquets on the upper level. 

The signs around the ship still say David’s as well. I think they just removed the statue, put up a couple new art prints, and “changed the name.”

I’m wondering if they ran out of time to do some things, since there are still contractors onboard working on bathrooms and other public areas. And some people seem to have cabin updates that not everyone got, so maybe they will keep slowly updating those over the next few cruises (if rooms are empty.)

They also are apparently still doing a lot of work in the spa. The saunas and steam rooms are not functioning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

Those wine prices are incredible!!

Portuguese Red Blends are some of the best value wines on the planet.  We can often get these wines for five or six bucks in our local grocery store.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, SyracuseOrange said:

The saunas and steam rooms are not functioning.

Were you actually able to get into the spa locker rooms? Seems like those were totally updated and the steam and saunas stayed but not working yet? Is this the case?

Edited by kwokpot

Just now, kwokpot said:

Were you actually able to get into the spa locker rooms? Seems like those were totally updated and the steam and saunas stayed but not working yet? Is this the case?

I was able to get into the locker room. But I didn’t actually use a locker since none of the water is working (sauna, steam room, or shower.) So after the gym I just went back to my cabin instead of using the facilities.

I usually use the steam room and spa showers every day, which would be very nice given all the walking I’m doing in these ports. But if it was a choice between certain things like this not finishing in time and the cruise being canceled/delayed, I’ll just say I’m happy to be on the ship even if it’s not quite 100% yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SyracuseOrange said:

I was able to get into the locker room. But I didn’t actually use a locker since none of the water is working (sauna, steam room, or shower.) So after the gym I just went back to my cabin instead of using the facilities.

I usually use the steam room and spa showers every day, which would be very nice given all the walking I’m doing in these ports. But if it was a choice between certain things like this not finishing in time and the cruise being canceled/delayed, I’ll just say I’m happy to be on the ship even if it’s not quite 100% yet.

Thank you, but just to clarify was the locker room actually given a facelift/renovated? 

Just now, kwokpot said:

Thank you, but just to clarify was the locker room actually given a facelift/renovated? 

I’m not totally sure, as it’s been a while since I’ve been on the Pride. I’m more familiar with the Spirit. I’ll try to take a picture next time I’m in there if it’s empty (don’t wanna get reported for taking pics in the locker room haha) unless @TxTeach79beats me to it, since he seems to be taking pictures all over the ship and covering much more ground than I am. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SyracuseOrange said:

I’m not totally sure, as it’s been a while since I’ve been on the Pride. I’m more familiar with the Spirit. I’ll try to take a picture next time I’m in there if it’s empty (don’t wanna get reported for taking pics in the locker room haha) unless @TxTeach79beats me to it, since he seems to be taking pictures all over the ship and covering much more ground than I am. 

This is what the locker room looked like on the Pride. This is where the lockers are.

carnival-pride-spa.jpg

• Like 3