TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

22 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The 2nd picture shows where the toilets are. When I was there last year there were numerous AMERICANS complaining about having to pay to use the toilet. A woman gave the attendant 1USD and shouted that's all she had. It was a pathetic example of the ugly American tourist. 

We Americans really are the worst. I’ve literally heard Americans in foreign countries say both “this is America, speak English” and “go back to where you came from.” These statements are incredibly rude at best, but outside of America they just made me crack up.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Hogladyrider said:

@TxTeach79......you still seem a bit tired leftover from your BIG day in Amsterdam........like you could use a soak in a nice hot tub.

Great pics, enjoy your day, hope you get some chill time in as well.  This is a FANTASTIC review!

thank you - and don’t threaten me with a good time! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, a brief pause; we’ve made it back onboard, and while we’re having the trip of a lifetime and seeing amazing places almost daily, our bodies are starting to revolt a bit. Time for a 4:30 nap to try and salvage some of the evening, and I’ll be back with you shortly! 

• Like 19

On 6/1/2023 at 2:24 PM, SyracuseOrange said:

Is there a name for the husband of a Karen who can’t ever disagree with her publicly for fear of her wrath? I know there’s been discussion on what the male version of a Karen is (Terry, Ken, Chad…IMHO a male Karen is still just a Karen.) But we need a name for the embarrassed husband that quietly follows behind a Karen.

People need to remember this is a budget cruise line. That doesn’t excuse everything, but it means that some things are not going to be as perfect as you expected, and you gotta expect and accept that. I’ve had a couple mishaps on previous Carnival cruises, but I come back because on average it’s a great product and the value for what you pay is outstanding. And I never yell or slam my hands on the table because I’m a decent person and have worked customer service jobs (which should be a requirement for everyone to do 6 months in a customer-facing job for every single adult, then we’d be a much more polite society if people realized just how stupid they look throwing tantrums about small things.)

The couple next to me at dinner yesterday sent back three entrees saying “these are all HORRIBLE! Just inedible!.” (It’s fine to send back a dish if you’re not enjoying it, but you don’t have to be rude about it.) Meanwhile I sent back two clean entree plates and enjoyed every bite…can’t go wrong with the Indian Vegetarian, and the other one was just fine too. Not the best meal I ever had, but I don’t expect it to be at this price point.

Simon.  As in Simple Simon...he's just a go with the flow guy and accepts everything that is given to him in life including her.  Not sure what "Karen's" age was but maybe it's menopause--those hot flashes can be brutal!  Lol  (No offense to any Simon's out there!)

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Final stop, bitterballen (beef & vegan) with Dutch mustard. And a Heineken. 

IMG_2979.thumb.jpeg.40204f8d1dedb5d05da2d606a1aa69ab.jpeg

IMG_2980.thumb.jpeg.7038fbfb4b65881123fb2a3651e10121.jpeg

IMG_2981.thumb.jpeg.e2e75bb8a8bdf57aa2bf6f7d0b821721.jpeg

IMG_2982.thumb.jpeg.8735504f51a2ac09d231e433de82dc7a.jpeg

We had the bitten balls when we were in Amsterdam last July.  To me it tasted like beef stew coated in bread crumbs and fried.  Very unique pub food!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dmet0225 said:

Is that supposed to be a biscuit and gravy?  If so, it's not like any biscuit and gravy I've ever had.

it’s those same little square biscuits like they have at big chicken. It was odd, but tasted pretty good

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

We had the bitten balls when we were in Amsterdam last July.  To me it tasted like beef stew coated in bread crumbs and fried.  Very unique pub food!

that’s a great way to say it! I was thinking shepherd’s pie, checks out!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

some of the houseboats along the canal and just gorgeous…. With literal gardens on their top decks 

IMG_3025.thumb.jpeg.59eeed34963fd0f8fffcc835ee3c8b19.jpeg

IMG_3024.thumb.jpeg.07015fcd7c833a0fc12400e53252f27f.jpeg

My two DDs, DH and I stayed on a houseboat while we toured Amsterdam.  It was great to be able to sit out in the morning on the roof with coffee and later watch the sunset disappear (at 10:30pm!) after a day of touring.   Sorry the pics are sideways.  Do you know how to fix that?

houseboat and coffee.jpg

houseboat night.jpg

• Like 7

Just now, ninjacat123 said:

My two DDs, DH and I stayed on a houseboat while we toured Amsterdam.  It was great to be able to sit out in the morning on the roof with coffee and later watch the sunset disappear (at 10:30pm!) after a day of touring.   Sorry the pics are sideways.  Do you know how to fix that?

houseboat and coffee.jpg

houseboat night.jpg

thats fantastic!!!! What a wonderful idea!!! 

not sure how to flip em in CC, sorry! I just spin my own

• Like 2

I shouldn’t have taken the middle row jump seat they put me in

IMG_3226.thumb.jpeg.bfd2dc8fdf94b3040c69998bc7e5fa38.jpeg

IMG_3233.thumb.jpeg.37363e7ecee085b0567b09fe19753510.jpeg

IMG_3236.thumb.jpeg.f4a57908bc17cb022b46966489d06429.jpeg

especially not behind the considerate fella who decided to leave a backpack on the whole time, mashing into me. Seems necessary 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7