Nieuw Amsterdam 4166 and 4168

katmu

We have these 2 cabins booked for our multi-generational cruise to Alaska next May, and I’m hoping maybe someone has stayed in them and can let me know how they are in terms of noise.  I know that the crew stairs are between the two rooms so I’m expecting there may be a bit of noise during the day.  I am pretty excited to have the 2 bigger balconies especially for Alaska.  My adult sons will be in 4168 as I don’t think they’ll mind having only a shower, and my mom and I will share the room with the tub.

Sssshhhhh, don’t tell anyone you have hit the jackpot! Best balconies ever and we had no issues with noise whatsoever, there is a small galley between the cabins plus the stairs.

Had similar on Eurodam and Nieuwe Statendam (they have different numbers same enormous balconies though), we usually choose the one with the shower as we don’t like having to step in/out of the bath.

Happy planning

Rosalyn

Just had 4164 on the Noordam on the transpacific cruise from Sydney a few weeks back.
The Balcony is 11 x 30.
The downside for us was the small galley beside the room as we could hear the cabin stewards using the dishwasher first thing and late into the evening daily. The other downside was a drain on the balcony that made a gurgling noise all the time when we sat out all day. 
We changed cabins from Auckland to Sydney leg to this cabin for the 2nd leg of Sydney to Vancouver. The set-up was totally different from our prior cabin on the same deck with different colour scheme and furniture.

Hope this helps a bit

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

We book either of those on any ship anytime they're available  - they truly are the hidden jackpot! And Portside so double the pot!!

On some ships, there is an ice room next to one of them, but we didn't hear any noise.

You can have the divider opened so you will have a massive balcony. And can have extra chair delivered if you want/need, as well as extra blankets so you can truly enjoy the Alaska scenery. 

We lived out there -  cold/rain/fog/whatever - for Alaska and are quite envious!!

Enjoy your trip.