Live from the Pride!

Eli_6

Hoping to see them on the way out, but it might be dark.  Also,  may not be able to stay awake that long.

I don't know why, but I got really motion sick last night (ship was moving but nothing crazy) and put on a scopolomine patch and have been super sleepy ever since.  I even fell asleep on our tour bus and my husband and kids said I was snoring.  

We went into town this morning and walked around Amsterdam. At 2, we left on an excursion to an old-timey village with windmills. It was cool.  Then we went to a cheese making place and got to sample the cheeses.  I literally purchased about 100 euros of cheese.  Hope customs doesn't take it.  Not sure what the rule is on cheese.  20230607_175637.thumb.jpg.c5f299f3cebc00ddd7550cc7fbfea29c.jpg

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Hoping to see them on the way out, but it might be dark.  Also,  may not be able to stay awake that long.

I don't know why, but I got really motion sick last night (ship was moving but nothing crazy) and put on a scopolomine patch and have been super sleepy ever since.  I even fell asleep on our tour bus and my husband and kids said I was snoring.  

We went into town this morning and walked around Amsterdam. At 2, we left on an excursion to an old-timey village with windmills. It was cool.  Then we went to a cheese making place and got to sample the cheeses.  I literally purchased about 100 euros of cheese.  Hope customs doesn't take it.  Not sure what the rule is on cheese.  20230607_175637.thumb.jpg.c5f299f3cebc00ddd7550cc7fbfea29c.jpg

You may have to eat some on board the next couple of days. 

https://anamericaninrome.com/2018/10/can-you-bring-cheese-from-italy-to-the-us/

https://www.tripsavvy.com/importing-from-the-netherlands-to-usa-1456431#:~:text=Unpasteurized or raw milk cheeses,Gouda and Edam—are fine.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

We bought Edam and Gouda so looks like it is OK so long as we don't open it. 

• Like 4

Looks like you had a fun cruise.  How did debarkation go?  Heard that self-assist were all called by 6:40 am.  We're not planning self-assist - and will be on Deck 4 in a couple of weeks. Still trying to get a feel for when to have my hired van arrive.  Had it reserved for 9 am - but sounds like maybe a bit earlier?

34 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Internet is terrible where I am.  Debark super smooth.

We were at dover priory train station by 6:10 am. In Cambridge by 9:30 am. 

Did  you self-disembark?   Trying to get a feel for assisted debarkation. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

Internet is terrible where I am.  Debark super smooth.

We were at dover priory train station by 6:10 am. In Cambridge by 9:30 am. 

hope the internet improves.  Looking forward to your land adventures 

We are finally back home!  So glad to be back home even though the cruise was awesome! 1000 times better than last year.  It was exhausting,  though.  An AMAZING vacation but definitely not a relaxing one with so many port days.  We carried off and were off before 6 am. Went to Cambridge then came back to London for 2 days.  It was hot in London and even hotter in Houston.  

• Like 4

On 6/10/2023 at 7:55 AM, soccermom4 said:

Did  you self-disembark?   Trying to get a feel for assisted debarkation. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Yes. And we are platinum.  

• Like 2