EZAir Name Issues

grumpydaddy

First time with Princess and booked flights using EZAir. Looking at our flight reservations I see that our names are populated as follows:

Air Canada: What should be "John Jacob Jingleheimer" turns into "JohnJacob Jingleheimer"

Alaskan Air: What should be "John Jacob Jingleheimer" turns into "JohnJacob MR Jingleheimer"

Just looking for a little reassurance that this won't be an issue. It looks like this is a common problem with the EZAir system and I assume there are many others who have flown into and out of Vancouver and Fairbanks that have used EZAir with no problems.

Thanks

Yes, as SCX22 says, you will be fine. The name mashup can come from EZAir as well as the airlines. It's been this way for many years and there are no problems. We have upcoming EZAir on AA and the names are mashed up. A later AA trip booked directly has no mashup at all.

• Like 1

I had the same concern, especially with the Mr and Mrs as part of the name.  United told me we could not do online check in, as our names wouldn’t exactly match our passports.  We would have to check in at the airport.   EZ Air told me that this is how their system is set up, and it will not cause us problems.  But if I can’t do online check in with United, I am wondering if my TSA precheck will be in effect.   There really is no reason to put Mr and Mrs in the name on an airline ticket!

1 minute ago, madre2 said:

I had the same concern, especially with the Mr and Mrs as part of the name.  United told me we could not do online check in, as our names wouldn’t exactly match our passports.  We would have to check in at the airport.   EZ Air told me that this is how their system is set up, and it will not cause us problems.  But if I can’t do online check in with United, I am wondering if my TSA precheck will be in effect.   There really is no reason to put Mr and Mrs in the name on an airline ticket!

The non-availability to check-in on line is due to document check, not because of the names.  For international flights the airline is responsible for physically taking a visual look at your passport and verifying that it is valid and that the appropriate visas are endorsed, if required for the destination country.  If a passenger arrives at the destination and is denied entry into that country by immigration, the airline foots the bill to send that passenger back to the originating country.  The airline is trying to mitigate their risk.

If you check-in using the United App, there is a way to upload your passport and have it electronically verified prior to check-in that that will allow you to check-in all the way online for an international flight.  The boarding pass generated will show "INT'L READY."  Been able to use this method to check-in all the way for an EZAir booked flight with my first and middle names lumped together.

4 hours ago, SCX22 said:

You'll be fine.  The airlines lump your first and middle name together even on tickets that are booked directly with them.

We've had this happen whenever we book through AA on BA flights. But we've never had a problem checking in or boarding.