RCI sofa beds

My 11yo DD slept on one last year and I never heard any complaint. Although I didn't sleep on it I did lay on it. It didn't feel as good as my bed but it felt satisfactory.

Though if one parties or plays hard enough throughout the day the floor will feel good.:)

Have fun.

My 15 year old slept on it and complained after the first night I told our steward and that night there was an egg crate on it and he (my son) never complained again and when asked he said it was fine.

Can anyone tell me how these sleep?

When on the grandur a few years ago we had a jr. suite and there was an actual sofa bed....but last trip on the marnier we had a jr. suite and it was more like a futon. Not knowing an egg crate was available my daughter slept on it. this time we have a gs and if there is a futon we will do something about it. For the cost of the gs the beds should be comfortable.

When on the grandur a few years ago we had a jr. suite and there was an actual sofa bed....but last trip on the marnier we had a jr. suite and it was more like a futon. Not knowing an egg crate was available my daughter slept on it. this time we have a gs and if there is a futon we will do something about it. For the cost of the gs the beds should be comfortable.

this was a huge disappointment o n our recent cruise, in the balcony rooms it's a fold out chair(futon like) and when it's open it totally screws up the flow in the room! blocks the way to the door from the mAIN BED AND BALCONY. it was the worst, it kept coming apart, we told our steward and they seem to fix the coming apart, but it was hard as a rock!

The regular beds weren't that great either,

I understand exactly what the poster meant about the sofa bed in the JS being more like a "futon" than an actual pull out sofa bed. If I had to pick one thing that was "wrong" with our first cruise, it would have to be that nasty sofa/bed/futon thing on the Radiance. Having said that, I went ahead and booked the JS again......oh well - we'll deal with it! At least we are cruising! :D

This is the futon type beds on the Radiance. This was exactly like ours in an E1 cabin 8088. I think the d1's offer the regular pullout and not these mini things. If you see a cabin for 3 and it says pullout this is what I would expect to get.

BonVoyage

Dawna

1867787779_radiancepullout_400x222.jpg.ca7606a419e7ca14b6b5197cb6dc19a9.jpg

two daughters (3 & 6) slept just fine on the sofa sleeper (would not say a futon) on Mariner, D1 cabin. Some nights had to help settle them down by laying at the end (just wound-up from all the fun they been having) and was comfortable enough I went out. bpwjr

I have grand suite on freedom. It is a room for 4. Will 2 teenagers be able to sleep on the sofa bed?. If not how can they say it is a room for 4.

We had a Grand Suite on the AOS and the sofa bed was a proper pull out bed, not a futon. I would expect it would be the same on the Freedom - you should be just fine.

We had a balcony on the Explorer and the sofa bed was huge and hard to sleep on! Took up almost the whole room when unfolded (which was substantial parts of the day since the teens slept late); we negotiated every night who would have to sleep on it! Yes, it was big enough for two. (2 unlucky people!)

MUCH better were pullman beds that we have found on other ships or cabin configurations. They take up a lot less space in the room! And they are as sizable and comfortable as the regular twin beds.

Archived