Not Cruise Related But Venezia Related

Hi all!

I'm due to sail on the Venezia in April 2024, and we're telling my 11 year old niece she's coming on Christmas.

My understanding is there's a Mardi Gras night where everyone is encouraged to wear masks. While we have masks for her to use, we'd love to do a craft with her where she creates her own mask. 

For those that have been on the ship (yes, I know it's the maiden voyage), can you please send me pics of what you wore that night, specifically of your masks?

I did see reference to the mask on another post; it'son formal night - hope you're able to get what you're looking for. Sounds fun for your niece. 

20230529_211843.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Upload

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, serene56 said:

I found a unicorn mask on Amazon    Got the grand daughter a sparkle unicorn shirt    a black skirt and the white unicorn mask 

I'm sure your granddaughter will be so excited. We will not be participating during either of our cruises - we just aren't fun like that anymore. But it will be fun to see all the different masks as we people watch.

We just don't like the packing and prepping required for theme and formal events anymore, but like that the ships continue to have them for the passengers that do participate. So, we hope we're so my killing our own fun, not others, lol.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I'm sure your granddaughter will be so excited. We will not be participating during either of our cruises - we just aren't fun like that anymore. But it will be fun to see all the different masks as we people watch.

We just don't like the packing and prepping required for theme and formal events anymore, but like that the ships continue to have them for the passengers that do participate. So, we hope we're so my killing our own fun, not others, lol.

You still will eat in the MDR.   We will not be wearing mask.  I have a hard enough time seeing as it is.  But will still go to the MDr 

• Like 1

I was on the Venezia TA cruise.  The second night of the cruise was the first elegant night, and the night where people were encouraged to wear masks.  There was a craft session that morning to assist people in decorating masks to wear, but they ran out of supplies fairly early.  That night, not that many people wore masks, less than 25% for sure, but it was fun to see them.  Some were very elegant.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 10:31 AM, broadwaybaby123 said:

Hi all!

I'm due to sail on the Venezia in April 2024, and we're telling my 11 year old niece she's coming on Christmas.

My understanding is there's a Mardi Gras night where everyone is encouraged to wear masks. While we have masks for her to use, we'd love to do a craft with her where she creates her own mask. 

For those that have been on the ship (yes, I know it's the maiden voyage), can you please send me pics of what you wore that night, specifically of your masks?

Sorry a bit off topic but sort of related- if she likes crafts, perhaps she can make your cabin door signs as many versions as she likes to change them up. We buy our door sign from dollar tree and put small magnets to hold it, but then tape over magnets to prevent them “disappearing” and edge with blue painters tape that leaves no residue. The doors are metal as well as some interior walls. 

- as a hint buy the heavy duty magnetic hooks for walls- come in handy for hats,jackets, purse, “ hanging up funtimes”etc.