Does Princess give out ‘free’ covid tests once on board?

luvtravel

We’re on a cruise in July to Norway and have used all our free covid tests from the government.  We want to have a couple of tests with us in case one doesn’t feel well - then we’ll know w/o going to the medical clinic.    Neither of us has had covid so far and are boosted with the latest vaxx.   We were on the Celebrity Solstice last month to Alaska - no sign of covid but ship did not feel crowded at all.  In July we’ll be on the Island Princess. From many of the reviews - it seems crowded since they have added more cabins and reduced the common spaces and recently had outbreaks of covid.    We just want to be prepared.

21 minutes ago, luvtravel said:

We’re on a cruise in July to Norway and have used all our free covid tests from the government.  We want to have a couple of tests with us in case one doesn’t feel well - then we’ll know w/o going to the medical clinic.    Neither of us has had covid so far and are boosted with the latest vaxx.   We were on the Celebrity Solstice last month to Alaska - no sign of covid but ship did not feel crowded at all.  In July we’ll be on the Island Princess. From many of the reviews - it seems crowded since they have added more cabins and reduced the common spaces and recently had outbreaks of covid.    We just want to be prepared.

I requested a Covid test from medical to validate my home test. No problem they come to your cabin but if you test positive on their test you will be isolated in your cabin for 6 days. They call it 5 but they don’t count the day you test positive 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

I requested a Covid test from medical to validate my home test. No problem they come to your cabin but if you test positive on their test you will be isolated in your cabin for 6 days. They call it 5 but they don’t count the day you test positive 

I should have noted that if you are isolated you will get FCC’s for those days you are isolated. Mine came to almost $1,700

22 minutes ago, memoak said:

I should have noted that if you are isolated you will get FCC’s for those days you are isolated. Mine came to almost $1,700

Who knows when that will go away.

Plus - Norway trip is sort of a once in a lifetime trip. Not like being isolated during a Mexico or Caribbean cruise. Plus, my Norway trip was my most expensive cruise so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luvtravel said:

Definitely bring your own. The US government in partnership with health insurance was offering 8 free tests per person per month through your health insurance/Medicare until May 11th. Unfortunately that is over.

Check your county health department. Ours has free tests to give out until they run out.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Coral said:

Definitely bring your own. The US government in partnership with health insurance was offering 8 free tests per person per month through your health insurance/Medicare until May 11th. Unfortunately that is over.

Check your county health department. Ours has free tests to give out until they run out.

Our public library is still giving them out. 

Edited by Buckeye10640
  • Like 1