Enchanded Princess - lots of questions- Princess Newbie

bandp407

Hello fellow cruisers,

we are well seasoned cruisers ( 37)  however never on Princes. Have sailed primarily on Celebrity . Contemplating the Enchanted for Summer 2024. 

we love outside - does the buffet have an outside dining area? 

love to dance ( 70’ s age ) how is the live music? 

AND YES - great food and service- open seating for dinner ! 

adult area of the pool and therm o sweet 

Thank you!
Paula 

A

Lots of outside seating located at the buffet. Tables extend out towards the pool area (that are outside, but have a floor to ceiling window next to them) and also extend out to the aft of the ship that are fully covered from above but open to the outside with only a small window and railing on the perimeter. 

Dance music is entirely dependent on which bands are booked for your particular cruise. No way to predict that in advance. But there will always be at least two “wedding type bands” on board. 

26 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

love to dance ( 70’ s age ) how is the live music? 

On the ships in this class (Royal-class) that I have been on, every band they've had has been excellent to dance to, so hopefully you will have the same experience. The ship's Piazza is often genuinely full of life, whether you're a slower dancer, a ballroom dancer, a party dancer, etc. There will be events listed in the daily planner sent out to the staterooms each night prior, and you'll see when the band plays, whether they have a themed set, and so on. Lots of space to let loose, from my experience.

26 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

AND YES - great food and service- open seating for dinner ! 

Yes, Enchanted Princess does have open seating for dinner, as of now. Reservations can be done via the app, but there are lines for those without as well. Who knows if Princess changes things up before 2024 lol.

30 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

adult area of the pool and therm o sweet 

And yes, there are both of these things onboard. Thermal suite in the spa on deck 5 and the "adult pool" pertains both to the small aft infinity pool on the lido deck, as well as the much larger "retreat pool" on deck 17.

8 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Lots of outside seating located at the buffet. Tables extend out towards the pool area (that are outside, but have a floor to ceiling window next to them) and also extend out to the aft of the ship that are fully covered from above but open to the outside with only a small window and railing on the perimeter. 

Dance music is entirely dependent on which bands are booked for your particular cruise. No way to predict that in advance. But there will always be at least two “wedding type bands” on board. 

Thank you very much. The area outside the buffet sounds similar to the outside area on the HAL ships. As to the bands, the same applies on Celebrity-depends on which bands are booked for the sailing. 

Now I just need to find a decent rate for a Balcony in Princess Plus! 

8 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

On the ships in this class (Royal-class) that I have been on, every band they've had has been excellent to dance to, so hopefully you will have the same experience. The ship's Piazza is often genuinely full of life, whether you're a slower dancer, a ballroom dancer, a party dancer, etc. There will be events listed in the daily planner sent out to the staterooms each night prior, and you'll see when the band plays, whether they have a themed set, and so on. Lots of space to let loose, from my experience.

Yes, Enchanted Princess does have open seating for dinner, as of now. Reservations can be done via the app, but there are lines for those without as well. Who knows if Princess changes things up before 2024 lol.

And yes, there are both of these things onboard. Thermal suite in the spa on deck 5 and the "adult pool" pertains both to the small aft infinity pool on the lido deck, as well as the much larger "retreat pool" on deck 17.

Thank you very much for this great info - exactly what I was hoping to hear! Sounds very similar to Celebrity & the ship looks beautiful. Now I need to check the rates, which have all jumped! 

1 hour ago, bandp407 said:

Thank you very much for this great info - exactly what I was hoping to hear! Sounds very similar to Celebrity & the ship looks beautiful. Now I need to check the rates, which have all jumped! 

It is a beautiful ship, we love it and the crew is great.  We love the huge open piazza and the International Cafe for specialty coffees and a light snack/meal at any time.  Plenty of opportunities for dancing around the ship.  We had 20 nights on her this Spring.  Gigi’s by Alfredo is the best pizza ever. 

16 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It is a beautiful ship, we love it and the crew is great.  We love the huge open piazza and the International Cafe for specialty coffees and a light snack/meal at any time.  Plenty of opportunities for dancing around the ship.  We had 20 nights on her this Spring.  Gigi’s by Alfredo is the best pizza ever. 

WOW - 20 nights , that’s a vacation! You have me excited to try her! I need to start working on this as space already looks tight. 

• Like 1