MoveUp Advice on Solstice

tcrsolutoins

I received a MoveUp email regarding my 8/18/2023 Solstice to Alaska cruise.  Currently I have a Concierge class guarantee cabin Minimum bid for both Sunset Concierge and Aqua class is $100, Sunset Skysuite and Skysuite is $600. Since I am new to this game, I hope you seasoned cruiser can give me your bid advice?  Thank you.

Personal view, ymmv. 

I would pay more a little than $100 pp to “”Move Up” to an Acqua Class cabin given the benefits (especially Blu restaurant).

I would probably not pay $600 pp to “Move Up” to Suite class. But this would depend on what I had paid for my original cabin. And whether this was a “special occasion” cruise etc. But if I did choose to bid on a suite it would be on a Sunset Sky Suite because of the size of balcony and better views (avoiding the window washing equipment). 

Hope this helps. 

I would bid on the Sunset Concierge, and bid a fair amount over the minimum.  Alaska is about the views the aft facing cabins give you a 180 degree view.  IMG_0025.thumb.jpeg.97a66409eb74fd479fced461928ef391.jpegIMG_1006.thumb.jpeg.c1ba39533bfefa152a511762f1d6778c.jpeg
We love Aqua, for Blu, but some of the cabins are in less desirable locations 

8 hours ago, NewWestwardbound said:

Personal view, ymmv. 

I would pay more a little than $100 pp to “”Move Up” to an Acqua Class cabin given the benefits (especially Blu restaurant).

I would probably not pay $600 pp to “Move Up” to Suite class. But this would depend on what I had paid for my original cabin. And whether this was a “special occasion” cruise etc. But if I did choose to bid on a suite it would be on a Sunset Sky Suite because of the size of balcony and better views (avoiding the window washing equipment). 

Hope this helps. 

How do you suggest the OP avoid the window washing equipment when bidding on a Sunset Sky Suite?

Naperville, I would bid enough to get you just below 50% of the slider if you really want to wind a bid. (Assuming there are not a lot of that category’s cabins available.). Make sure you check the price to book any bidding category directly.  It might be better to just pay to upgrade if you have a cruise only fare.

Good luck.

10 hours ago, tcrsolutoins said:

I received a MoveUp email regarding my 8/18/2023 Solstice to Alaska cruise.  Currently I have a Concierge class guarantee cabin Minimum bid for both Sunset Concierge and Aqua class is $100, Sunset Skysuite and Skysuite is $600. Since I am new to this game, I hope you seasoned cruiser can give me your bid advice?  Thank you.

Hi, Naperville, Wheaton here.  I agree with the advice to check the current pricing for any cabins you are considering bidding on.  Sometimes the price to upgrade your cabin outright is similar to what you would need to win the bid, and if you upgrade yourself you can pick your own cabin.  I am not an expert at bidding but I can tell you that we have bid several times trying to get a Sky Suite from Aqua Class and we have had no luck at all - we usually bid not much over minimum.  I also agree that the Sunset cabins are great choices for Alaska - gives you a great view from either side.