Trieste wine stores question

envy4u

Not sure if you can see from the screenshot but the supermarket Pam, just up from the train station (and bus station) was well stocked and only about 1.5 km from the port.  We were there for one and half days and did not see much better for wine or groceries.  I liked Trieste as an embarkation port because it was quiet. B4D33015-268F-4E66-B52D-69E1341A65F3.thumb.png.d4d2070ffeaf67b2fbc29f6a1cd187df.png

10 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Not sure if you can see from the screenshot but the supermarket Pam, just up from the train station (and bus station) was well stocked and only about 1.5 km from the port.  We were there for one and half days and did not see much better for wine or groceries.  I liked Trieste as an embarkation port because it was quiet. B4D33015-268F-4E66-B52D-69E1341A65F3.thumb.png.d4d2070ffeaf67b2fbc29f6a1cd187df.png

Thanks 

• Like 1

I second envy4's suggestion of the Pam supermarket -- my home-away-from-home supermarket in Trieste.

There are several SPAR shops in Trieste, including one in the Trieste Centrale complex and another in Piazza Unita d'Italia, though I've not examined their wine selections, which (from memory of seeing the wine & spirits section as I navigated my way through that particular aisle) are likely quite limited.

I'm not aware of any Carrefour stores in Trieste.  And I wouldn't bother with the Aldi shop on Via del Coronea.

Edited by Post Captain

• 3 weeks later...

We contacted Bischoff Wine Store online before our cruise and ordered 6 bottles to be delivered to our hotel.  They helped with our choice of wines and all was sitting at our hotel when we arrived.  It was seamless.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, many cruises said:

... Bischoff Wine Store ...

Ah, yes, that's the place--how could I forget?  In business since 1777, Enoteca Bischoff stocks over 1,500 different wines.

A convenient, easy-to-find location at Via Mazzini 21, just two blocks from the Canal Grande, in the heart of Trieste.