Just Booked 11273 Sunset Veranda On The Apex

palmsandpines

32 minutes ago, palmsandpines said:

Has anyone stayed on the deck 11, "Sunset Verandas" on the Apex. I know we are two decks below the Oceanview, but just wondering if you heard much noise?  Thanks! 

Here is the view from 11274 and we absolutely loved the room. No noises whatsoever. 

IMG_4516.thumb.jpeg.850c1472b6992ac93f5173ba44d469cb.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Kelownadon said:

Just out of curiosity how the heck did you get lucky enough to find a sunset veranda that good at this time. Every cruise I look at now there are no good sunset verandas left on the E class ships. 

Speaking for myself… booked six cabins in a row on Deck 10 on Beyond the day the itineraries came out and 18 months before the cruise !   

5 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Speaking for myself… booked six cabins in a row on Deck 10 on Beyond the day the itineraries came out and 18 months before the cruise !   

So have you sailed on any yet? How was the noise from above? 

Edited by palmsandpines

12 minutes ago, Kelownadon said:

Just out of curiosity how the heck did you get lucky enough to find a sunset veranda that good at this time. Every cruise I look at now there are no good sunset verandas left on the E class ships. 

For me, someone must have canceled. My cruise is in three months. 

4 minutes ago, palmsandpines said:

For me, someone must have canceled. My cruise is in three months. 

You will absolutely love the cabin. Hard part will be to get a cabin as good as that again. Enjoy your cruise. 

Well thanks! Booked an aft cabin on R.C. about 10 years ago heading on of NOLA. That was very good, but we were on deck 7 and no noise from above. Just was not too sure about having the Oceanview 2 decks up. This cruise will be in Europe, so maybe equally has good. 

1 hour ago, Kelownadon said:

The picture I included above was on a European cruise. Here is another from the same cruise to help get you excited. 

IMG_4472.thumb.jpeg.3de39413ea97d6eb0fc2e16c17e97acf.jpeg

Yep, that does it. Very beautiful pic. Our cruise will be from Rotterdam to Greece with stops in France, Portugal and Spain in Sept. Should be a winner! 

1 hour ago, Kelownadon said:

The picture I included above was on a European cruise. Here is another from the same cruise to help get you excited. 

IMG_4472.thumb.jpeg.3de39413ea97d6eb0fc2e16c17e97acf.jpeg

We loved our Sunset Suite on Apex, deck 11, along with both a SS and SV on Beyond, deck 11.  There was no noise unless you were on the veranda by the rail and only sometimes!  We are always on deck 11, aft.  You will love the privacy of the aft cabins/suites!  The long walk burns calories too!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

We loved our Sunset Suite on Apex, deck 11, along with both a SS and SV on Beyond, deck 11.  There was no noise unless you were on the veranda by the rail and only sometimes!  We are always on deck 11, aft.  You will love the privacy of the aft cabins/suites!  The long walk burns calories too!

We are walkers, so that will be great. We were a little worried about the cleaning of the deck early in the morning and hearing that in bed through the slider. Thanks for the info!

We had 11271 on Edge and it was glorious!  Quiet inside the cabin for sure, but sometimes you could hear the Sunset Bar if people were having a particularly good time. Normal bar noises weren’t heard at all.

17 minutes ago, Mauidiver said:

We had 11271 on Edge and it was glorious!  Quiet inside the cabin for sure, but sometimes you could hear the Sunset Bar if people were having a particularly good time. Normal bar noises weren’t heard at all.

Thanks, nice to know. 

Is deck 11 preferable to deck 10? We are currently booked in the 2 center sunset verandas on deck 10 on a sailing on Celebrity Ascent next year but this morning I noticed that both of these same staterooms are available on deck 11. I assume that the view will be pretty much the same (obviously several feet higher), but everything else would be pretty much equal? 

I would think you are very good where you are. My concern was noise from deck 14 (chairs repositioned) and you are well below that. We have an aft cruise with RC out of NOLA and it was great. While our cruise in Europe won't be the same as the Caribbean, I think we will have times to enjoy the aft view. 

On 6/12/2023 at 1:09 PM, patterson3 said:

Is deck 11 preferable to deck 10? We are currently booked in the 2 center sunset verandas on deck 10 on a sailing on Celebrity Ascent next year but this morning I noticed that both of these same staterooms are available on deck 11. I assume that the view will be pretty much the same (obviously several feet higher), but everything else would be pretty much equal? 

SV’s on 10 are quiet.

I was in 11272 on Apex, zero noise issues.  What I like is walking down the hall to the room, you'd literally run into your door if you kept walking.  I know it's strange, but some late nights it can be a relief 🙂 

1 hour ago, Tyler414 said:

I was in 11272 on Apex, zero noise issues.  What I like is walking down the hall to the room, you'd literally run into your door if you kept walking.  I know it's strange, but some late nights it can be a relief 🙂 

HAHA, The extra exercise will be great too. Glad there is no noise from 14. Thanks!