Last minute reservation considered, will I be able to get dinner and excursion reservations?

Considering doing an Alaska on the 21st, that is 10 days from now.  Can't book for another 2 days till I get all the ducks lined up.  Will we be able to get any dinner reservations or shore excursions?  Never sailed Regent before.  Usually do Azamara and Windstar.  Thank

I’m confused,  are you booked on a cruise already? I’m asking because I read your zoom call question, first! Or are you trying to change your cruise? You may be waitlisted for some of the excursions.  The dining will usually work out, once you are on the ship.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irishwitchy said:

I’m confused,  are you booked on a cruise already? I’m asking because I read your zoom call question, first! Or are you trying to change your cruise? You may be waitlisted for some of the excursions.  The dining will usually work out, once you are on the ship.  

We could move the cruise, but, then we are leaving in 10 days.

40 minutes ago, caymancouple said:

We could move the cruise, but, then we are leaving in 10 days.

If I understand your question, you're considering moving your cruise to one that departs in 10 days?  If you want to check out the Shore Excursions, have your TA put a 7 day hold on the. cruise.  This will give you a booking number and you'll be able to enter it into your account and then you will be able to see what excursions are available.  Haven't tried it for dining but likely would work the same.  I don't believe you can select any of the excursions until you officially book, but it should show what has availability and what are full.  It's free to try so give it a shot.

4 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

If I understand your question, you're considering moving your cruise to one that departs in 10 days?  If you want to check out the Shore Excursions, have your TA put a 7 day hold on the. cruise.  This will give you a booking number and you'll be able to enter it into your account and then you will be able to see what excursions are available.  Haven't tried it for dining but likely would work the same.  I don't believe you can select any of the excursions until you officially book, but it should show what has availability and what are full.  It's free to try so give it a shot.

Thanks, good info.  I did not know that.  Will talk to my TA tomorrow to do that.  Thank you for good advice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

If I understand your question, you're considering moving your cruise to one that departs in 10 days?  If you want to check out the Shore Excursions, have your TA put a 7 day hold on the. cruise.  This will give you a booking number and you'll be able to enter it into your account and then you will be able to see what excursions are available.

3 hours ago, caymancouple said:

Thanks, good info.  I did not know that.  Will talk to my TA tomorrow to do that.  Thank you for good advice.

Unfortunately this doesn't work this close to the embarkation date. There is no hold this close. When I made a reservation about 80 days from cruise start, I had a one day hold. Here's the deposit schedule from the FAQ (https://www.rssc.com/frequently-asked-questions/general-reservations-questions)

Voyages 14 nights or less:

• Deposit Schedule:
    • Over 120 days from sailing: 15% deposit due within seven days of booking; excluding Regent Suite, which is one 25% deposit due within seven days of sailing
    • 91-120 days from sailing: payment in full due with three days of booking
    • 31-90 days from sailing: payment in full due within 24 hours of booking
    • 30 days or less from sailing: payment in full due same day of booking
  • Full Payment required 120 days from sailing

I hope it works out for you @caymancouple. How very frustrating to have your plans smashed to smithereens like this. This might be covered by your travel insurance. My policy covers this sort of thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RELS said:

Unfortunately this doesn't work this close to the embarkation date. There is no hold this close. When I made a reservation about 80 days from cruise start, I had a one day hold. Here's the deposit schedule from the FAQ (https://www.rssc.com/frequently-asked-questions/general-reservations-questions)

Voyages 14 nights or less:

• Deposit Schedule:
    • Over 120 days from sailing: 15% deposit due within seven days of booking; excluding Regent Suite, which is one 25% deposit due within seven days of sailing
    • 91-120 days from sailing: payment in full due with three days of booking
    • 31-90 days from sailing: payment in full due within 24 hours of booking
    • 30 days or less from sailing: payment in full due same day of booking
  • Full Payment required 120 days from sailing

I hope it works out for you @caymancouple. How very frustrating to have your plans smashed to smithereens like this. This might be covered by your travel insurance. My policy covers this sort of thing.

That's too bad.  Thanks for the info.