Earliest flight from Seattle post Alasks cruise

highway180

you will have no problem what so ever!!

Just returned from our cruise on the Solstice. Disembarked at 7:15, ( yes we got lucky), we were actually at the end of the line for walk off.There  were 5 of us, one in a stroller.  Immigration was a breeze, and there were an overabundance of transfer choices. Many drivers practically begging for customers. We had a car pick us up, paid $20 per person. The airport was no problem as well. We had Pre check and were at our gate at 8:45am for an 11:18 flight .

56 minutes ago, highway180 said:

Just returned from our cruise on the Solstice. Disembarked at 7:15, ( yes we got lucky), we were actually at the end of the line for walk off.There  were 5 of us, one in a stroller.  Immigration was a breeze, and there were an overabundance of transfer choices. Many drivers practically begging for customers. We had a car pick us up, paid $20 per person. The airport was no problem as well. We had Pre check and were at our gate at 8:45am for an 11:18 flight .

THANK YOU !! Totally appreciate this report 

5 hours ago, highway180 said:

Thank you for letting us know! Did you do carry off of all your luggage?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LEMJMcC said:

Just booked Alaska Airlines roundtrip Atlanta to Seattle.  Return flight leaves SEA-TAC at 10:30 AM.  We're getting TSA PreCheck.

Here's praying all goes well with the return flight on Monday, 7/8/2024!

Just a word of warning (and hoping that you're in the 24 hours of booking since you can cancel/change without penalty) - 4th of July week was the busiest air travel week SEA saw this year and lines stretched into the parking lot. You might be able to avoid the cusp of it since it's that Monday...but that would be too close in my opinion. 

25 minutes ago, psuboater said:

Just a word of warning (and hoping that you're in the 24 hours of booking since you can cancel/change without penalty) - 4th of July week was the busiest air travel week SEA saw this year and lines stretched into the parking lot. You might be able to avoid the cusp of it since it's that Monday...but that would be too close in my opinion. 

Would CLEAR membership help with the lines?

1 minute ago, LEMJMcC said:

Would CLEAR membership help with the lines?

They absolutely would -- however, it's the luggage lines that would give me concern. If you can squeeze everything into a carry on, that would be the move. The last time I flew out of SEA was in June for my own cruise to Bermuda, and even with priority luggage line access on Delta I still waited 45 minutes to check my bags. 10:30am is too early for Port Valet, so you're at the mercy of the Alaska agents.

Alaska is getting a lot of criticism this summer switching over to a more automated system for checking bags, it's creating longer lines and more confusion. One would hope that's resolved by next year, but do with that information as you will.

On 8/17/2023 at 12:35 PM, psuboater said:

They absolutely would -- however, it's the luggage lines that would give me concern. If you can squeeze everything into a carry on, that would be the move. The last time I flew out of SEA was in June for my own cruise to Bermuda, and even with priority luggage line access on Delta I still waited 45 minutes to check my bags. 10:30am is too early for Port Valet, so you're at the mercy of the Alaska agents.

Alaska is getting a lot of criticism this summer switching over to a more automated system for checking bags, it's creating longer lines and more confusion. One would hope that's resolved by next year, but do with that information as you will.

psuboater: nothing to add just want to say Hello to a fellow Corgi lover!