Keeping the same cabin in B2B for TA then to Caribbean

Mara4166

We are looking into a long holiday in 2026 doing a TA from Southampton and then straight onto a Caribbean cruise. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can keep the same cabin for both cruises?  My concern is that we would book the TA as soon as the summer/autumn cruises are available for 2026.  If it is like 2025, the Caribbean cruise schedule will not be announced for several months after the Europe/TA cruises are available to book..

We are not worried about what ports we would have in the Caribbean, more worried about the cabin we are in and which ship we would be on which would be booked for the TA.

My only thought is to check daily and book the Caribbean portion immediately, but there is no guarantee we would get the same cabin since I think Elites get to book a day or two early and someone might grab our cabin before I can book (we are Platinum).

If we booked through a Princess Vacation Planner, are they able to put a “hold” on the cabin in advance?  In the past we have always booked ourselves through Princess.

Our Princess Vacation Planner was able to secure the same stateroom for us on a booking we did as a 14 day.  It is actually B2B 7 day.  I was unable to accomplish this on my own. Was so pleased the she could take care of this.  It’s a Sun Princess in 2024.  Wishing you the same good luck we had.

When I want the same cabin for a B2B, I open two screens on my computer and start two bookings simultaneously.  That way I can see which cabins are available for both cruises.

The only time I was unable to get the same cabin on a B2B was when I waited and the decided to add the second cruise later.

Moving was not that big of a deal. Whatever was hanging in the closet was moved by the crew and everything else went in my bag that I rolled on over to the next cabin and left it there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mara4166 said:

We are looking into a long holiday in 2026 doing a TA from Southampton and then straight onto a Caribbean cruise. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can keep the same cabin for both cruises?  My concern is that we would book the TA as soon as the summer/autumn cruises are available for 2026.  If it is like 2025, the Caribbean cruise schedule will not be announced for several months after the Europe/TA cruises are available to book..

We are not worried about what ports we would have in the Caribbean, more worried about the cabin we are in and which ship we would be on which would be booked for the TA.

My only thought is to check daily and book the Caribbean portion immediately, but there is no guarantee we would get the same cabin since I think Elites get to book a day or two early and someone might grab our cabin before I can book (we are Platinum).

If we booked through a Princess Vacation Planner, are they able to put a “hold” on the cabin in advance?  In the past we have always booked ourselves through Princess.

I think the issue here is, this is 2026 and of course not online yet.  All you can do is book the cabin you want when it is released.

I would explain to your TA to grab your cabin when the TA is released and do the same for the b2b.  If they are not released yet on the Caribbean routes, then you’re going to have to wait.

Yes, sometimes the TA can see cabins that you do not see, so I’d have them check as soon as these are released.

I always check myself too, and contact my TA with my choice or choices.

Since you’re in the UK, check with your TA to see how they can handle it for you.

Edited by PacnGoNow

44 minutes ago, skynight said:

Have the bookings marked "no upgrade." It has always worked for us. 

We always do that for our cabin since we are very picky on cabin locations.  The question is how to get the same cabin for the following cruise on a B2B when that cruise is not available for sale when the first cruise is booked.

4 hours ago, Mara4166 said:

We always do that for our cabin since we are very picky on cabin locations.  The question is how to get the same cabin for the following cruise on a B2B when that cruise is not available for sale when the first cruise is booked.

You have to wait until the cruise is available for booking. Then you have to book as quickly as possible to try to obtain the same cabin. Your two bookings then have to be linked. A T.A. should be able to handle this for you. If the cabin you want is already taken, then moving isn't a big issue. 

12 hours ago, memoak said:

How do you even know where that ship will be going if schedules are not out yet ?  I would wait and book the cruises together 

There is no guarantee, but usually if it goes to Fort Lauderdale or Galveston it will be a Caribbean cruise next.  We are not worried about what ports we visit in the Caribbean as per my original post. 

If it heads somewhere else (e.g. Panama Canal), we would need to decide if we change our plans or just go where the ship takes us.

18 hours ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Our Princess Vacation Planner was able to secure the same stateroom for us on a booking we did as a 14 day.  It is actually B2B 7 day.  I was unable to accomplish this on my own. Was so pleased the she could take care of this.  It’s a Sun Princess in 2024.  Wishing you the same good luck we had.

Thank you, this is what I had hoped.  I will contact a Princess Vacation Planner when we book the first cruise to see what they can do about the following one.

• Like 1