Okay, my husband is an ice-cream/gelato man... is there confusion about whether gelato is covered by Plus ?

Wishing on a star

People are reportig lots of different experiences on different ships..... I was on the Royal in September with the plus package.....if you wanted a different item than one of the specialty sundaes in the the tall glasses,  there would be a charge.....this created  long lines at Gelato's .while people waited for their ice creams to be made...I did try a Donatello because, well...why not....I never saw any special cake... I suspect that many may have opted for a simpler menu item if it had been included in the package

12 minutes ago, Samkitty1 said:

People are reportig lots of different experiences on different ships.....

I really don’t think that there is a fleet-wide answer to this. If there were, there would be something printed in the promotional materials. In May I was on Regal and on day one I went to the Guest Services Desk to take care of an issue and the person next to me being helped by another agent asked quite clearly if his Plus package covered gelato or only the Special Desserts and he was told clearly and unambiguously: “No. Your package covers the special desserts but not plain gelato.”  He pushed back and said that it made no sense that gelato with gloop on it was free but gelato without gloop costs money. The agent agreed with him but said that this was the rule. Maybe it has changed since May. But on that day, on that ship, the answer was very clear and emphatic. 

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 2

I am currently sailing on the Regal. Yesterday I ordered a double scoop of coffee gelato in a sugar cone at Gelato in the Piazza. I asked the server and was told there would be no charge as I have the Plus Package and, indeed, no charge appears on my account. 

• Like 1

What about the afgogati with amaretto that was in the previously posted menu?  If you have the drinks package, this should be included and count as one of your 15 drinks, similar to how it is if you order an espresso based drink with alcohol.

Carnival has milk shakes with alcohol that are included with Cheers.  There's one made with coffee ice cream, espresso and Bailey's.

48 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

What about the afgogati with amaretto that was in the previously posted menu?  If you have the drinks package, this should be included and count as one of your 15 drinks, similar to how it is if you order an espresso based drink with alcohol.

Carnival has milk shakes with alcohol that are included with Cheers.  There's one made with coffee ice cream, espresso and Bailey's.

Yes, I think that I've heard from previous posts that there is a hit on your 15 drinks when you have a boozy desert - What happens when you're on you're third 'special' boozy desert of the day 😄 

On 11/3/2023 at 11:15 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

Would that boozy desert be the Sahara, Mohave, or the Gobi? 🤔😉🤔😉

Choices choices 😄 

I was more thinking - with a plus package - the first two desserts were 'free' but your 15 drinks on your drinks package has taken two hits.  You're paying for the third dessert,  be it Sahara, Mojave or Gobi (thirsty work), is your drinks package left intact this time? or should it count as a cocktail and just pay excess over $15?