Live from NCL Spirit 06/21/23-07/05/23 - Alaska B2B Vancouver to Seward to Vancouver

12 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

Expresso Martini.  Thank you @YVRteacher for the suggestion. It was yummy and like drinking  dessert, too. 😀

My husband who isn’t a coffee drinker says it reminds him of the only coffee drink he likes a Mocha Frappuccino.  

I’m going to try one of the many suggested by @bluesea777  next. 

IMG_5403.jpeg

IMG_5404.jpeg

Based on all y'all's recommendation, this is definitely on my next cruise drink list. Let me ask you, was there an extra cost? I tried to order this in the Haven back in March, but was told it cost extra. I'm cheap and didn't want to pay so didn't have it. I'd be curious your experience. Or did I miss it that you have the Premium Plus package so to heck with extra charges? 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Based on all y'all's recommendation, this is definitely on my next cruise drink list. Let me ask you, was there an extra cost? I tried to order this in the Haven back in March, but was told it cost extra. I'm cheap and didn't want to pay so didn't have it. I'd be curious your experience. Or did I miss it that you have the Premium Plus package so to heck with extra charges? 

Hmmmmm….it’s vodka and coffee liquor, right?  Wonder why that would be an extra charge?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Being cheap seems incongruous to being a Haven maven...🤔😉😂

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Hmmmmm….it’s vodka and coffee liquor, right?  Wonder why that would be an extra charge?

I was super confused!! This is also the bartender that refused to make a Peach Bellini for me. It's possible she didn't have the ingredients. Alas, I was able to get a different drink and carry on my day. 

17 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Being cheap seems incongruous to being a Haven maven...🤔😉😂

Hahahaha!!! I knew that sounded oxymoronic when I typed it! I like the sound of Haven maven. I wish I was! 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I’ll see if I can find it on a drink menu for the price. We have Free At Sea Plus which gets us P+, two additional specialty dining meals, basic Wifi for both of us and $50 off excursions for the second person. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, it’s an extra cost. I think an espresso martini is $18 so $3 extra.  I have one on each cruise and truly savour each sip.  If you like sweet you can order a chocolate espresso martini.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I forgot to mention that I did try the Negroni Mediterraneo when at Onda last night.

The waiter and wine steward both warned me that it was bitter tasting and was not a customer favorite. They were absolutely correct as I could only take a few sips. The big round ice cube made it look better than it tasted.

My husband also did not care for it and could not save me from the alcohol abuse of not drinking it. 🤣

IMG_5405.jpeg

IMG_5406.jpeg

IMG_5407.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Seas2mountains said:

I forgot to mention that I did try the Negroni Mediterraneo when at Onda last night.

The waiter and wine steward both warned me that it was bitter tasting and was not a customer favorite. They were absolutely correct as I could only take a few sips. The big round ice cube made it look better than it tasted.

My husband also did not care for it and could not save me from the alcohol abuse of not drinking it. 🤣

IMG_5405.jpeg

IMG_5406.jpeg

IMG_5407.jpeg

Oh no! Drink down!! The ingredients make it sound like it would be good. Well, at least your research is helping us drink responsibly!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

I hope you washed that Negroni taste down with something more delightful. I always enjoy a peach Bellini at Onda and La Cucina.

I did switch over to Decoy Cabernet during dinner which is my favorite red wine on the P+ list. I have had a peach Bellini on this cruise at Spice H2O and also enjoy getting it at least one time. 

What is your all time favorite drink?  I have been having a daily Matador at Henry’s Pub since trying it on this cruise thanks to your recommendation. 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oh no! Drink down!! The ingredients make it sound like it would be good. Well, at least your research is helping us drink responsibly!

I know! I liked the list of ingredients, too, and did not expect it to be so bitter tasting. 

Thanks for giving me a good excuse to drink more. Now I can say it’s for “research” purposes.  🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It’s cloudy today and the rain has stopped for now. The captain said the pilot for Hubbard Glacier will be picked up at 1:30pm which is about an hour from now. The cruise director reconfirmed this in a later announcement and said we would be at the glacier by 2:45pm. 

It’s too slow on the wifi to post daily uploads so I will add those when I can. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As we approached Hubbard Glacier, it started to rain lightly and got foggy. 

A few minutes ago at about 2:30pm, the cruise director said the pilot had been on the ship for about an hour. He said the pilot and captain made the decision to turn around due to the fog. 😢  You can see on cruise mapper that Brilliance of the Seas somehow made it in before our ship. 

We are going to the spa to nap on the heated lounge chairs. It’s the first NCL spa ever to not have chair hogs so far. 😁

IMG_5436.jpeg

IMG_5438.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Yes, it’s an extra cost. I think an espresso martini is $18 so $3 extra.  I have one on each cruise and truly savour each sip.  If you like sweet you can order a chocolate espresso martini.

I also paid $3 extra on the Breakaway earlier this month. Loved every sip but it didn’t last too long! Sigh…..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seas2mountains said:

We are going to the spa to nap on the heated lounge chairs. It’s the first NCL spa ever to not have chair hogs so far. 😁

The thermal spa might not be adequate compensation for two missed Hubbard visits, but those tranquilizing heated lounge chairs can surely melt away some of the disappointment. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

I'm pretty sure the extra cost is because they get espresso from Starbucks for this drink. Ordering at the Atrium bar on Escape was easy since Starbucks was right next to them. But when I asked if they could make me one at Tobacco Road, they said they couldn't since they didn't have espresso. But this was on the second leg of a B2B where they had really gotten to know us. Next thing I knew, they sent someone to Starbucks to get the espresso! Yum. 

Spirit is sounding like a ship I want to try.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

@Seas2mountains so sorry to hear about missing Hubbard two weeks in a row. Your positivity shines through and it still must be disappointing. 

Thank you.  It’s more difficult to accept seeing that the two cruise ships before ours made it in just fine today. As soon as we turned, the fog started lifting as it wasn’t constant but more intermittent. There may be more to the story here but I’m sure it’s easy to blame the weather as I know there is a risk with sailing near the glaciers but it feels to me like the Captain gave up too quickly today. 

People who were awake early on Tuesday saw the thick fog but today was much lighter fog. It’s very frustrating as this is a big part of what makes the cruise amazing. 

Here is a drink I tried at the Latitudes party. 

It is called a Black Forest cocktail or martini?  It was so sweet that I could only take a few sips. 

I could not find it on any drink lists. The expresso martini tastes much better. 

IMG_5441.jpeg

IMG_5440.jpeg

• Like 2

We played Tri-Bond trivia this morning and got 16 correct. The winners got 17 correct. So close!

For general trivia, we were one of four teams with 12 correct answers  out of a large crowd but the winners had 14-15 correct? 

It is fun with evening trivia at 7pm in Henry’s Pub as some players are under the influence and say funny things. We got 9 correct and the winners got 11 correct answers. 

• Like 1

We were back at Cagney’s tonight and ordered a few different items than usual. Oysters Rockefeller and Crab Cake. Both are recommended. 

I got the cedar plank Steelhead trout but it was not as good as the salmon last night at Onda. I know Cagney’s specializes in steaks and I would not recommend Steelhead trout. 

IMG_5442.jpeg

IMG_5443.jpeg

IMG_5444.jpeg

We walked through the buffet as it was “taste of Alaska” night so I wanted to see what was being served. There were a lot of fish options along with mussels and baked Salmon was the main option.  We didn’t have any but just looked. 

For @YVRteacher, it was tough to get this photo as there was a line but they are making crepes! I know you and Dad like crepes. 

IMG_5447.jpeg

• Like 1