Parc 55 San Francisco

Guest Bronston

Guest Bronston

The investment firm that owns Parc 55 hotel in San Francisco has stopped payment on its loan to the bank. 

Princess cruises uses this hotel as one of its pre and post cruise hotel stays.

Princess customer service are oblivious to this new status. 

Will the place be available in July? Who knows….but Princess has my money and should provide info. 

Maybe I can just stay at Princess’s CEO’ s house…..

In my opinion (*maybe* worth 2 cents!) that sounds like a problem strictly between the firm and the bank.  I can't see how it would involve Princess unless perhaps they went out of business.  Then...Princess would have to come up with a different hotel for you.  Again...just my opinion!

• Like 1

The owner of the Hotel has stopped paying the bank, but the hotel has not closed and it is still operating the same as before. Until it halts operations not an issue.

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

Cancel if you still can and move to a safer part of town.  That hotel borders the Tenderloin and isn't exactly in a safe place.  Lots of homeless and druggies.

About the only safe place is outside of San Francisco if your definition of unsafe is homeless and druggies.

The main reason why the owners stopped paying on the loan for both that hotel and the Hilton is that they are primarily conference hotels and not very many conferences in San Francisco these days.

26 minutes ago, ldtr said:

About the only safe place is outside of San Francisco if your definition of unsafe is homeless and druggies.

The main reason why the owners stopped paying on the loan for both that hotel and the Hilton is that they are primarily conference hotels and not very many conferences in San Francisco these days.

I'm aware.  From the Bay Area myself.  Better off staying at the Hyatt Regency on the Embarcadero, Fairmont/Mark Hopkins on Nob Hill, or one of the hotels near Fisherman's Wharf.  Just stay away from the Union Square and Tenderloin Area.  There's nothing to see there any more.  Practically all of the businesses there are closed anyway.  It's a creepy area to walk at night (even during the day), and it's a shame that such a vibrant area in the past has gone down the drain.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

I'm aware.  From the Bay Area myself.  Better off staying at the Hyatt Regency on the Embarcadero, Fairmont/Mark Hopkins on Nob Hill, or one of the hotels near Fisherman's Wharf.  Just stay away from the Union Square and Tenderloin Area.  There's nothing to see there any more.  Practically all of the businesses there are closed anyway.  It's a creepy area to walk at night (even during the day), and it's a shame that such a vibrant area in the past has gone down the drain.  

A shooting incident between two cars near fishermans wharf  the other evening. Just do not have a car parked anywhere near the Hyatt. A friend of mine had his windows smashed  while he was checking into a hotel there.  That area has its own problems.  I simply do not stay in the city any more.  I either stay out by the airport or across the Golden Gate in Sausalito or Mill Valley.   For that matter I really do not even see a reason to visit San Francisco itself any more.   If I take a cruise from there I stay near the airport and get a town car to/from the port.

Just now, ldtr said:

A shooting incident between two cars near fishermans wharf  the other evening. Just do not have a car parked anywhere near the Hyatt. A friend of mine had his windows smashed  while he was checking into a hotel there.  That area has its own problems.  I simply do not stay in the city any more.  I either stay out by the airport or across the Golden Gate in Sausalito or Mill Valley.   For that matter I really do not even see a reason to visit San Francisco itself any more.   If I take a cruise from there I stay near the airport and get a town car to/from the port.

Where does a tourist stay in San Francisco then?  Union Square, Tenderloin, and South of Market are the really bad areas.

2 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Where does a tourist stay in San Francisco then?  Union Square, Tenderloin, and South of Market are the really bad areas.

That is the problem.  My recommendation is stay is Sausalito or Tiburon and take the ferry over.

Staying in the hotels are fine, as long as you do not have a car and do not plan to walk around after dark.   If I had no choice I would probably pick the Kimpton Allen or the Hyatt Centric over in the fishermans wharf area.  You have an increasing number of homeless even in the Fishermans Wharf area. I used to stay in what is now 1 Hotel (before it changed brands) over near the ferry Building. and even that area has developed its own issues.

36 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Any hotel recommendations near the airport that provides shuttle service to the airport?

None that I know of.  After Covid even some of the shuttles to the airport are now paid for.

We use a car service take us to and from. Unfortunately the number of those greatly reduced during Covid and the prices went up.

4 minutes ago, ldtr said:

None that I know of.  After Covid even some of the shuttles to the airport are now paid for.

We use a car service take us to and from. Unfortunately the number of those greatly reduced during Covid and the prices went up.

Thanks. I have 3 or 4 in mind (close to the airport) and have to check them out. Plan on spending the night after a cruise and fly out the next morning instead of 10:30 that night.

3 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Thanks. I have 3 or 4 in mind (close to the airport) and have to check them out. Plan on spending the night after a cruise and fly out the next morning instead of 10:30 that night.

The Grand Hyatt at SFO is on the SFO red line AirTrain system that loops around all of the terminals.  Gives you easy access when it is time to leave the next day.

3 minutes ago, ldtr said:

The Grand Hyatt at SFO is on the SFO red line AirTrain system that loops around all of the terminals.  Gives you easy access when it is time to leave the next day.

I was looking at the Hyatt, but it's at least $100 more than some of the hotels a little further out. I have a 6:30a flight. Still need to do a little research. Thanks.

Depending on your timing, the hotels near the pier where the ship will be are in a good area of the City, and near Fisherman’s Wharf. It will be a very short cab ride to the pier. Staying near SFO airport, there is nothing to see or do.  There are a couple of decent restaurants near the airport. Try Max’s or Kincaids. But you may need Uber depending on the exact Hotel. 

Edited by mrmarklin
More info

On 6/19/2023 at 7:24 PM, SCX22 said:

I’m not from SF, and have not visited in many years.  I read the news and was aware of the issues the city was facing, but was disheartened to see your characterization of Union Square.  I completely believe you, but my memory of that area was very positive….as you described, it was an attractive, vibrant part of the city.  It’s a shame.