P&O Gaudi Tour

rickpo

5 hours ago, rickpo said:

Hi, has anybody been on the P&O Gaudi Tour in Barcelona.

They are offering it at £75 and I was just wondering if people reconned it was worth it.

Thanks,

Rick.

Hello Rick

I've done 2 Gaudi tours but they were pre-pandemic and may have changed now. The first tour was to La Sagrada and Parc Guell. This was great because it included admission to La Sagrada and avoided all the queues. We also had a really informative guide and as I knew nothing about Gaudi at that point I found it quite magical. La Sagrada is weird, wonderful and totally immersive. On to Parc Guell which again was fascinating and odd in equal measure. If you have a good guide you will learn so much.

Our second tour, on another cruise, was to Casa Batllo ( the Gaudi home) and then to a tapas bar. Casa Batllo is extraordinary and again weird and wonderful building. You can walk amongst all chimneys at the very top of the building - quite safe but watch your footing. The chimneys are so original - as is the whole building.

As you can probably tell I am now a huge Gaudi fan! Hope this helps.  Jane x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Hello Rick

I've done 2 Gaudi tours but they were pre-pandemic and may have changed now. The first tour was to La Sagrada and Parc Guell. This was great because it included admission to La Sagrada and avoided all the queues. We also had a really informative guide and as I knew nothing about Gaudi at that point I found it quite magical. La Sagrada is weird, wonderful and totally immersive. On to Parc Guell which again was fascinating and odd in equal measure. If you have a good guide you will learn so much.

Our second tour, on another cruise, was to Casa Batllo ( the Gaudi home) and then to a tapas bar. Casa Batllo is extraordinary and again weird and wonderful building. You can walk amongst all chimneys at the very top of the building - quite safe but watch your footing. The chimneys are so original - as is the whole building.

As you can probably tell I am now a huge Gaudi fan! Hope this helps.  Jane x

We did the first tour you mention and it was indeed excellent. As you say we by passed the very long queues for the Sagrada Familie which was as beautiful on the inside as it is from the outside.

As an aside we visited the Casa Batilo our own. Got the first shuttle in and walked up las Ramblas so we were virtually first in the queue. It was quiet when we went in and had a massive queue by the time we left. Also well worth a visit.

• Like 1

We recently did this excursion on our own. Booked in advance on line for Segrada Familia ( don’t miss the pensioners rate, if applicable) and took a taxi from the port. Had a tapas lunch after touring the cathedral, allow about 2 to 3 hours. Then a taxi back to ship. Very easy, can’t remember the taxi fare, but was on a meter. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 11:55 AM, Kittyonions said:

We recently did this excursion on our own. Booked in advance on line for Segrada Familia ( don’t miss the pensioners rate, if applicable) and took a taxi from the port. Had a tapas lunch after touring the cathedral, allow about 2 to 3 hours. Then a taxi back to ship. Very easy, can’t remember the taxi fare, but was on a meter. Hope this helps.

Always worth having a look at same or similar independant trips.

We were overnight in Barca in April.  Ship's trip to a flamenco show was £65pp.  We went to the same place - £39pp.  Used the shuttle and a six/seven minute walk to the venue, with the ability to have a couple of drinks at Placa Real nearby.